Skip to content

[mod] Verr'Sza BG2EE

Comments

• kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    Can he be Bodhinapped? Or is that meant for a more v1.0 release? (I adore the portrait of the additional companion, by the way <3 it's gorgeous...dare I say better than Verr's? D:)
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    It's good you like it! :) As for the Bodhi part - no. Because of who he is (race-wise), I've decided that she won't kidnap him. But if he is romanced, something else will happen in that chapter. His other personal quest will reach its ending.
    Zaghoul
    @LavaDelVortel
    fair enough, but story-wise, I think Bodhi kidnaps your love interest more to hurt you rather than because of who/what they are....unless she isn't a cat person D:
    (Solaufein mod not withstanding)
    That's not what I mean. Verr'Sza is a rakshasa. You can't turn rakshasa into a vampire so the original pattern wouldn't work anyway. And making just "half of the pattern" isn't something I'd like to do, so I wrote something entirely different instead.

I may be wrong, but I think Hexxat is also ignored because of her race. IIRC, Bodhi just makes some comment and leave her with the team.
    Raduziel
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    beamdog actually has all thier new npcs ignore the bodi event. which i find kind of a cop out with some of them.
    Raduziel
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    The Bodhi event is godawful so I don’t hold it against them.
    Sanctifer
    @LavaDelVortel
    I was not aware of that, although I wouldn't blame her for trying ;)

I haven't done the Hexxat romance, more because I personally don't swing that way XD and never get THAT into roleplaying (my skills there generally end at the backstory XD)

@megamike15
    I agree, I know there's someone who wrote an expansion to the Dorn romance in BG2 and it does include a Bodhinap, so maybe there is/will be the same treatment done to the other NPCs (we still need Baeloth in BG2 regardless of romanceability)

@AionZ
    I actually like it XD maybe that makes me a masochist...
    The same with the wraith outside the Bhaal temple in ToB. I don't particularly like the one that Jastey wrote for Ajantis (it just doesn't feel as personal as others I've gone through), but I do like the one that LaufeyGreen wrote for Edwin (I can't remember any others off the top of my head)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    It depends. If you are going to romance him, the you may not understand some parts, because BG2 portion includes a special character from SoD if you continue his BG1+SoD part along with the romance. You may still choose BG2 only version (via the first talk) but that may be a bit immersion breaking.

But if you are not going to romance him, it shouldn't be that much of a problem, IIRC.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Soooo it's been a while and the new fixes are here (fixes are for: one scenery talk and few ToB banters <coding> )... that means it's time to move from v0.4 to v1.0! The new version is up, yes. Enjoy!

Links are in the first post.
    Caszidyjasteymegamike15
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    What? No, I never said I am writing any new "path". I said:
    If you are going to romance him, the you may not understand some parts, because BG2 portion includes a special character from SoD if you continue his BG1+SoD part along with the romance. You may still choose BG2 only version (via the first talk) but that may be a bit immersion breaking.

But if you are not going to romance him, it shouldn't be that much of a problem, IIRC.

And that still stands. upon joining him, you will get different dialogue options: one to show you two know each other, one that states you two never met. Then, another set of replies will appear IF you pick that you two worked together. The new set determines if you two had a romance or not.

Writing yet another option is something that won't happen. This mod is already the biggest mod I've written (text-wise).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I don't know, to be honest. Foundling has some nice features and it took me a while to design him, but I like Verr, especially the part where the other NPC joins him in BG2 is he was romanaced in BG1. The other NPC makes him deeper and allows some of his features and thoughts to be presented.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    I don't know, to be honest. Foundling has some nice features and it took me a while to design him, but I like Verr, especially the part where the other NPC joins him in BG2 is he was romanaced in BG1. The other NPC makes him deeper and allows some of his features and thoughts to be presented.

My next BG playthrough will be an evil party (female charname), and I will definitely take Verr'Sza and romance him (tried him for a short while in BG1 and already like him, so keep him as my main romance interest for future evil playthrough)

There are four NPCs that I have confirmed will bring them in BG2, but I has been hesitating for quite some time, who will fill my last slot (preferably MOD npc for this slot).

After reading the readme, I just found that this MOD has actually offered one more bard NPC, and that is cool~

So, I have some questions for this additional NPC (need very minor spoiler here):
    1) When will he join the party? Chapter 2? After Spellhold? TOB?

2) How much content that the additional NPC got? Does he have full NPC content like interjections, friendship talks, banters with vanilla NPCs?

3) Verr'Sza has crossmod banters with Minyae in the Crossmod Banters Pack. How about the additional NPC? (didn't' mention there)

Thanks~
    Hey @marcnivar ! Here are the answers!
    He joins almost right away after Verr. Verr joins in the transition cave beteen Windspear and the main level of the Firkraag's dungeon. The additional NPC joins when you leave outside - you don't even need to do the quest or anything.
    2) How much content that the additional NPC got? Does he have full NPC content like interjections, friendship talks, banters with vanilla NPCs?
    It's a full NPC with dialogues with PC. It's actually someone you know from SoD part of BG1 Verr'Sza so he will be quite happy to see you. He has his own banters, interjections and when he talks to you, he will also react to your romance with Verr.
    3) Verr'Sza has crossmod banters with Minyae in the Crossmod Banters Pack. How about the additional NPC? (didn't' mention there)
    Yes, there is one additional banter between Minyae and the additional NPC.

Remember, though, that the new NPC will join/appear ONLY if you are continuing the BG1 romance with Verr. It's plot related. However, it doesn't mean you need to play the exact same character. During the joining talk you will be able to pick talk replies stating that you continue your BG1 character and the romance.

Actually, I believe Verr is WAY BETTER and deeper when the other NPC is around. It forces additional thoughts and ideas that are possible only with him around. So if you are afraid it would be a wasted slot - nope. It won't be like that.
    xiaoleiwen
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2021
    Hey @marcnivar ! Here are the answers!
    He joins almost right away after Verr. Verr joins in the transition cave beteen Windspear and the main level of the Firkraag's dungeon. The additional NPC joins when you leave outside - you don't even need to do the quest or anything.
    It's a full NPC with dialogues with PC. It's actually someone you know from SoD part of BG1 Verr'Sza so he will be quite happy to see you. He has his own banters, interjections and when he talks to you, he will also react to your romance with Verr.
    Yes, there is one additional banter between Minyae and the additional NPC.

Remember, though, that the new NPC will join/appear ONLY if you are continuing the BG1 romance with Verr. It's plot related. However, it doesn't mean you need to play the exact same character. During the joining talk you will be able to pick talk replies stating that you continue your BG1 character and the romance.

Actually, I believe Verr is WAY BETTER and deeper when the other NPC is around. It forces additional thoughts and ideas that are possible only with him around. So if you are afraid it would be a wasted slot - nope. It won't be like that.

Thanks for the details, sound like he fit all I want for my last party member:

Verr P Minyae Edwin Viconia, everyone will recognize each other~

Looking forward to my future evil playthrough :)
    I have only one complaint (granted, I'm not very far in to SoA)...I think the equipment you get from the encounters with the people saying you're corrupting the city by having Verr in the group is way overpowered. I think the only +3 weapons you're supposed to have for much of SoA (underdark portion not withstanding) is the flail of ages and the hammer of thunderbolts. Can I recommend taking those down to +1 and MAYBE a +2 for the green halberd?
    Ekhem, sorry, I have to disagree. Daystar is +2, +4 bonus vs. evil creatures (so it's kinda +4 vs 70% of your enemies, not to mention it deals doubled damage vs. undead). Carsomyr is +5, Lilacor is +3, Dragon Blade is +3, Shadow Blade +3, Flail of Ages +3, Blade of Roses +3, Abyssal Blade +3, Celestial Fury +3, Harmonium Halberd +3, Staff of the Magi is +1 but strikes as a +5 (!) weapon... and that's not all. Just some examples. You can get all of these in chapters 2 and 3.

Sorry, but you picked a character that lures enemies and provoke situations that must be rewarded and while I made items strong, they are not stronger than what you can get at this point of the game.
    megamike15Losgorn
    I'll concede your point...with one exception, there aren't a lot of +3 daggers lying around ;) all the weapons you mentioned have in-game lore behind them to justify their power, thus their each having a name

I have no problems with Verr being someone who lures enemies--and I'm interested to find out if it is simple racism that motivates the guys I've already killed--I only had questions as to the power level of the weapons they were dropping (which I'll amend to only the nameless weapons)
    edited April 2021
    Sorry, I don't think there is any difference between unique +3 and not-unique +3. Maybe I'm weird, but it's completely the same for me. If I made a +3 dagger with a name then it would be acceptable? Well, most items with unique names also provide something else than enchantment bonus / THAC0 / +x damage, so then, if I made it unique and make it give something more than the usual enchantment, it would be even more powerful. Plus, I'm not going to make it unique and special only to justify its presence there (also, because I don't think such justification is needed). I guess we just have to agree to disagree about that.

I'm not sure if you're romancing him or not, but those enemies he lured have additional meaning in the context of the romantic part. Without a romantic relationship, it's mostly about normal encounters. Yet if the romance is there, it's a background for a certain thought... Sorry, if I sound cryptic, but I don't want to spoil things for some players.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    @LavaDelVortel Just wanna give a shout-out to you for making probably my favorite NPC including official. Did you do the voice? It’s spot on!?
    edited April 2021
    Not me, sorry, but I too think the actor was perfect for this role :)
    Thanks!
    Sorry, I don't think there is any difference between unique +3 and not-unique +3. Maybe I'm weird, but it's completely the same for me. If I made a +3 dagger with a name then it would be acceptable? Well, most items with unique names also provide something else than enchantment bonus / THAC0 / +x damage, so then, if I made it unique and make it give something more than the usual enchantment, it would be even more powerful. Plus, I'm not going to make it unique and special only to justify its presence there (also, because I don't think such justification is needed). I guess we just have to agree to disagree about that.

I'm not sure if you're romancing him or not, but those enemies he lured have additional meaning in the context of the romantic part. Without a romantic relationship, it's mostly about normal encounters. Yet if the romance is there, it's a background for a certain thought... Sorry, if I sound cryptic, but I don't want to spoil things for some players.

agree to disagree then :) your mod, please feel free to do whatever you want, I certainly was not trying to dictate anything to you :# If I were better at writing, I'd make my own NPCs ;) (I can do a backstory--probably a mediocre one, I went technical art in college), but writing something like a romance, or friendship? Not so well...)

my drow is definitely that much of a cat person and is romancing him :D as long as that plot thread doesn't require me to be running around only in Athkatla (since I finished the city quests), I'll probably finish it....whenever it finishes
    Nah, it's the context for an event that happens much later :)
    Anyway, have fun!
    Nah, it's the context for an event that happens much later :)
    Anyway, have fun!

will do! (although, I have to restart cause I had to change a mod order in the middle of the game and now his name shows up as a random text string >_< boo. Skie doesn't, strangely, but Verr, P, and Edwina do (I have an Edwin romance mod...))
    edited May 2021
    the dialogue P starts up when you first get to the second level of the Spellhold gauntlet has a section that does not have any dialogue (I could be more specific but that would involve posting a spoiler). The dialogue just says "L32P---J" (the dashes are added by me to avoid spoilers.) The responses I can give look normal, it's only P's line...
    Post edited by kimmuryiel on
    Thanks, I think I know what may be the problem. There is a line of code there that's missing one "=". The line itself should be: ~What about you, though. How are you feeling after everything that has happened?~

Posting so you knew what like you are replying to :)
    ok, thank you :)