Skip to content

Any blind or beginner Let's Plays?

Hey all!

I'm in the mood to watch some BG/BG2 Let's Plays, but most of what I can find seems to be either expert runs (solos, challenges and the such), or experienced players who stream the game but offer little commentary/opinion.

I'd really love to go with someone on their journey of discovering the BG series and seeing their reactions to all the things that excited me on my first playthrough.

Does anyone know of any good blind or non-experienced (ex: been a long time since they've played, playing evil/good for the first time, never completed the game, etc.) Let's Plays that offer commentary/discussion as they go and are not abandoned projects?

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i personally like the you tube let's play of bg and bg2 from mynameisnotlilly
    is a not ee let's play, so SOD is missing and some things are different, no EE npcs, but is not a thing for experts and the author is quite entertaining in his commenting the walktrough.
    BertleBelgarathMTH
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    There is a run from renemesis that I watched on twitch while he was streaming early last year. He played it when he was younger but remembered very little. Had some interaction with the 9-15 viewers and did some voices sometimes.
    Maybe something to see if you like it
    gorgonzolaBertle
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    The mynameisnotlilly playthroughs are fantastic, highly recommend them. I watched them in full a long time ago, one of the most enjoyable playlists I've seen.
    BertlegorgonzolaBelgarathMTH
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    i personally like the you tube let's play of bg and bg2 from mynameisnotlilly
    is a not ee let's play, so SOD is missing and some things are different, no EE npcs, but is not a thing for experts and the author is quite entertaining in his commenting the walktrough.

well when he did that lp sod was not even out. or the ee for that matter as it was 09-2010.

veriax kinda did one for bg 1 as he was more familiar with 2 then the first game. just keep in mind he is useing tutu for that one [ as again this was before ee was a thing] and the npc project. just in case you want to be a vanilla as possible as veriax's baldurs gate lps are modded.

spiffysquee also did a blind lp of both bg games. again this is with tutu.

veriax's bg1 lp:

squee's bg 1 lp:

squee's bg 2 lp:
    BertlegorgonzolaGusinda
  • BertleBertle Member Posts: 49
    These are all great and exactly what I was looking for! Thanks guys!
  • xizorxizor Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2019
    FatherOfTwo did BG1EE let's play, I wish he played the rest of the saga before retiring from youtube.

BelgarathMTHBertleGusinda