Skip to content

Premium Modules - Multiplayer Issues

Is it intended that friends that do not own the premium modules cannot play the modules with someone whom does own them?

Seems a bit of a kick in the pants, that I would buy the premium modules with the hopes of playing with my buddies, to only learn that they would also have to fork out money to play the modules with me.

I don't remember this being the case with original NWN. So either I'm not remembering correctly, or something changed with Enhanced Edition for the worse.

Anyone?

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    If the premium modules have haks your friends need them in their own /hak directory then you just start up a server with the premium module and have your friends connect to the ip and join the game.
  • RifkinRifkin Member Posts: 141
    I'm pretty sure that was not the message that came up on my friends PC. Basically, there was a message stating that he needed the DLC to join the server, but I'll take another crack and this and report back with my findings
  • Drewbert_ahoyDrewbert_ahoy Member Posts: 96
    If the premium modules have haks your friends need them in their own /hak directory then you just start up a server with the premium module and have your friends connect to the ip and join the game.

Pretty sure this only applies to Darkness over Daggerford. Pirates and Wyvern Crown assets were patched directly into the game with 1.69 years ago. And some of the premium mods never did use haks.