Skip to content

Siege of Dragonspear Not loading Save or Character Files

gorionslegacygorionslegacy Member Posts: 7
edited April 2019 in Troubleshooting
File removed.
Post edited by gorionslegacy on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! Please zip all the files in your save folder, i.e.

BALDUR.bmp
    BALDUR.gam
    BALDUR.sav
    and
    PORTR files
  • gorionslegacygorionslegacy Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2019
    File removed.
    Post edited by gorionslegacy on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited April 2019
    I managed to load the save just fine. In BG:EE, I chose the SoD icon on the main screen, then loaded your save, it showed me the end scene of BG:EE, then all the movies, and SoD started.

ppv9b3ssgglh.png

Here's the save just after the Imoen dialogue (put it into the "sodsave" folder in the Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder in Documents).
    I don't have an sod folder or an sodsave folder.

I just tested and I still cannot import a game. I will recreate issue step by step.

1. Load BGEE > Select SoD
    2. Select Import Game > Select BGEE save > Select Load > Game Crashes
    3. Following error message presented: "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition quit unexpectedly."
    4. Problem report generated

If your testing environment does not include the most recent update of macOS Mojave (ver 10.14.4), reconstructing this event will be laborious.
    UPDATE: I created an sodsave folder within the BGEE directory as you recommended, put your file in there and now it works.

Thanks for helping me get back in the game!

While thankful, I am still chafed. Nobody wants to have to deal with troubleshooting a game for weeks in order to play. I would recommend patching this issue by including a file integrity checker. For the players that run through the game sequentially and years later, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again!