Skip to content

New Blade BG full saga playthrough

VseslavVseslav Member Posts: 9
Hi all, I’m going to start my full saga playthrough with newly created half-elf blade. I will do BGEE, BGSOD, BGIIEE with some mods like SCS, NPC Project and some others. I’m going to have full party set-up, where 4 characters will be core of the team, including my blade, and I will have 2 slots for joinable NPC.

What will be your recommendation of well-balanced party of 4 non-evil characters (protagonist + 3 others) for BGEE and later for BGIIEE?

Comments

• Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    BGEE - Imoen, Jaheira and Kivan early, permanently replace Imoen and Jaheira with Coran and Yeslick later on.

BG2EE - Mazzy, Anomen and Nalia as the core and maybe Imoen later. Get Mazzy before you do Korgan's quests :p you won't regret it.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    If you mean you'll be creating four characters yourself who need to be able to adventure as a 4-man party, with two extra slots for occasional joinable NPCs, I'd go with the following party:

FMT (most versatile character in the game, also ensures you aren't dependent on a joinable NPC to handle the thief role)

FM (dual or multi, can substitute blade here if you wish)

Half-orc fighter/cleric (highest-strength character in the game with much better APR than a cleric)

Sorcerer

With that 4-man party, you could choose whichever two joinable NPCs you wanted for whatever reasons you wanted and still have all the necessary roles covered.
  • VseslavVseslav Member Posts: 9
    jsaving wrote: »
    If you mean you'll be creating four characters yourself who need to be able to adventure as a 4-man party, with two extra slots for occasional joinable NPCs, I'd go with the following party:

FMT (most versatile character in the game, also ensures you aren't dependent on a joinable NPC to handle the thief role)

FM (dual or multi, can substitute blade here if you wish)

Half-orc fighter/cleric (highest-strength character in the game with much better APR than a cleric)

Sorcerer

With that 4-man party, you could choose whichever two joinable NPCs you wanted for whatever reasons you wanted and still have all the necessary roles covered.

I meant one my protagonist and 3 three BG/BG2 NPCs as a core team and 2 joinable places for extra quests and experience ??
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    In bgee Khalid, Jaheira and Imoen offers you a fine and full core party. Alternatively Branwen, Ajantis and Imoen. Because you need two front liners at the beginning, Minsc and Dynaheir not a good option.

In bg2 try Minsc and Jaheira or Keldorn and Anomen with Nalia.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    In that case, Jaheira would be the best all-around choice for your party. She's the only joinable druid NPC in the game who can wear heavy armor and cast raise dead, which means she not only has the best APR of any divine caster in the game but can also fill the cleric role if need be.

Next would be Imoen, who by combining arcane DPS with traps/locks gives you a lot more freedom to pick who you want for the rest of the party. (Use Nalia as a stand-in for part of BG2.)

For BG1 and early BG2, I'd have Minsc man the front-line due to his massive 18/93 strength. I'd then replace him with Keldorn, not because he has high DPS or can wield Carsomyr but because of his double-strength dispel magic ability, which makes him the only character in the game who can reliably dispel enemy effects.