Skip to content

Marvel Cinematic Universe

1789101113»

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Oh my God. End Game was mind-blowing to me. I guess we should wait a few weeks before commenting but,... wow!
    bleusteelsmeagolheart
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I thought is was quite good, but seriously overrated. And the spoiler hysteria is silly, nothing happened that I would rate as a major surprise.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Not sure I envy people who want to marathon all of these movies in the future though, because I doubt that will be worth it.

I'm glad it's over and Endgame was good, but I was tired of waiting:P

Not entirely sure why they're planning a phase 4. This is about as good an ending as you're going to get to this shared universe.
    smeagolheart
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    batoor wrote: »
    Not entirely sure why they're planning a phase 4.

Money?
    mlneveseBalrog99Mantis37
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    My hope is that Phase 4 and beyond will begin folding in the newly acquired properties (X-Men, FF4, etc.) and finally do Doctor Doom some justice.
    mlneveseBalrog99
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    batoor wrote: »
    Not entirely sure why they're planning a phase 4.
    lolien wrote: »
    Money?

There's always more stories to tell, they haven't stopped writing comic books either after they wrote the best ones. Sometimes they can write great ones, some times not so much.

lolien
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I'm desperately pulling for a Shang Chi movie. I can't be the only one who wants to see someone try to do a Bruce Lee impression for +2 hours, which will be flipping amazing. They'd need to get a bodybuilder/martial artists, because thats what he really was, hence his immense strength. But in a Shang Chi movie, they can give him height, and make him a serious fighter. Toss in his magic stuff, and maybe have the Real Mandarin be the villain, because they did do that short clip thing about that. Aaannyyways, I am thinking I might have to see Endgame in the theater, but I'm in no rush, as I think it'll be full houses for awhile. I badly wanted to see Captain Marvel in theater, but couldn't convince anyone else to go, but I think I can for Endgame. But I'll have not seen Captain Marvel! Gah, will this be a problem? Do I need to bite the bullet and wait for both to get released digitally?

Dr. Doom keeps being messed up because they keep thinking they need to give him actual super powers, when his super power is supposed to be (mostly) his literally incomprehensible brilliance, along with a good mix in of magic, and not insignificant resources of a very small country. So yeah, stop making him fart out laser beams and he'll do fine. Dude is a top tier villain, he doesn't need to be able to punch out Thing to beat him!

I'd love to see a Mole Man movie, or Psycho Man for Fantastic Four. I'd love to see Dr. Doom and maybe a couple side kicks take on the Avengers, that'd be interesting. Just screw what happens in comics. :P
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    @DreadKhan There is a post-credit scene in Captain Marvel that is actually the first scene of Endgame. The scene is not repeated in Endgame.

Otherwise, if you already know Captain Marvel kicks ass then you are ready to watch Endgame :smiley:
    DreadKhan
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited April 2019
    bleusteel wrote: »
    My hope is that Phase 4 and beyond will begin folding in the newly acquired properties (X-Men, FF4, etc.) and finally do Doctor Doom some justice.

Now we can get a 10 year/20 movie build-up for the Galactus showdown!
    bleusteelmlnevese