Skip to content

NVidia Driver Issue now Fixed.

TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
edited April 2019 in General Discussions NWN:EE
The latest nvidia driver (v430.39) fixes the toolset crashing issue caused by a previous driver update. Compared to a previous driver issue of some time ago, that was fast (only taking days not months). I wonder if BD contacted NVidia?

TR

Comments

• GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    My nVidia driver is 390.77. Is there any value in upgrading to 430.39?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    TBH I don't know. I keep mine upgraded because NwN is not the only game that I play. It is possible, depending on your particular card, that there may be (low-level?) bug fixes that affect your card or there may not.

TR
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    Not sure about "fixed." I updated my NVidia driver just now and the Toolset crashes to a close whenever an area is opened. I had to roll the driver back.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Odd. I had exactly those symptoms with the previous driver but updating to 430.39 fixed it and I can now open areas without any problem. The only thing I can think of that might explain the difference is that I am on the development branch.

TR
  • Carlo_OneCarlo_One Member Posts: 77
    The solution has been posted elsewhere, but for those who haven't seen it:

The permanent fix is to turn Threaded Optimization off for the toolset in the NVIDIA Control Panel app. Go to Program Settings and Neverwinter Nights (nwtoolset.exe) will be an option in the drop-down menu under Select a Program to Customize. It doesn't affect the toolset (other than preventing it from crashing), from what I've seen.