Skip to content

Can't Talk to Kivan or Neera Please Help!

ArringarLPArringarLP Member Posts: 1
My friend and I have been playing Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition together. Neither of us have played the game prior to this, so we don't know what happens at all. We have recently traveled to Nashkel and begun chapter two. We left Neera and Kivan at the Friendly Arm Inn because we wanted to bring all 4 companions with us that had a quest to go to Nashkel (Jaheria, Khalid, Xzar, and Montaron.)

When we returned to the Friendly Arm Inn, neither Neera nor Kivan would interact with the main character. When my friend (who is playing the main PC) tries to talk to either character they turn to face him but do not say anything and no dialogue begins. I have heard that it is possible to have companions leave you etc, but I'm assuming that if they do this there is dialogue and they don't just stand there looking at you when you try to start a conversation. We have tried reloading, leaving the area, restarting the game, and google searching to attempt to figure out what's going on. We were unable to find anything out or fix this, which is disappointing because we are really enjoying the game as a whole. It's important to us to be able to re-recruit these characters, so if this is a bug we would love some help solving it. If it's not a bug and this is just how the game works, that would also be great to know.

Additional Details:

-We are both playing on Steam.

-Both Windows 10

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide! We're excited to keep playing once we get this figured out.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    edited May 2019
    Hello! SInce you were able to leave Kivan at the Friendly Arm Inn, do you use any mods?

You can add characters into your party after you enable the console and use Ctrl+Q while hovering over the character.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on