Skip to content

My hard drive broke is there a way for me to cheat to get my character back to what he was?

I don't like cheating but he was a 13 level fighter / 23 level thief and my hard drive broke is there a way for me to cheat to get back to where I was? (I'm at peace with the fact I won't have the equipment I had before).

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    If you mean recreating a saved game, then the answer is basically no. There are too many variables you'd have to manually set.

But if you just want to recreate the character (including levels, equipment, stats, etc.), then it's quite easy. Are you on a PC or a Mac?
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    edited May 2019
    I can't recover the saved game... sadly I mean cheating experience pointwise... I am willing to get the exp bac naturally but I have already had to replay the game (because I was an idiot and made a lawful good kensai only to find out at a high level that I can't make it a thief and I remade the kensai and my hard drive then broke and I don't want to have to do it again. Oh, and I am on pc and no I don't need the saved game exactly I just want to make his level like it was.
    joluv
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Follow the directions here; use the SetCurrentXP command.

You can also do more detailed editing of your character (including changing alignment) with EEKeeper.
    gorgonzola
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    edited May 2019
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i agree, but to have a F13->T23 charname at the beginning of the game is a completely different experience then to reach that level in game.
    i am not talking of ethics, of cheating or not cheating, i am talking of game play.
    it is very evident for everyone that imported in soa a end soa character or even more an end of tob one.
    the npcs you recruit, even if they catch up a little with xp, will be completely under leveled compared to charname, and also the enemies, will try to balance with your level, so more or more powerful enemies spawn, let's say a beholder and 2 gauths instead of a single gauth, but are not designed to match that xp level, is a feature that make the fight possible if you choose to do a quest early in chap 2 keeping it challenging if you do it later with a more experienced party, not to match a tob level toon.

if you are soloing this can not be a problem, you can set your xp to the needed level, run through the game killing with ctrl-K to progress quickly and to don't add more xp then what you originally had and reached the point you was before the hard disk broke you have recreated the original situation. ctrl-K make it quite easy and fast.
    if you are playing with a party you have probably to do the same, but with the party, and reached the point of the game you was add with a cheat the xp to the party members, so the under leveled npcs problem is solved.

this way you create again in a relatively quick way the conditions you had before the disk failure, as you and the party have the same xp, you have probably collected the same items (if needed cheat in money to buy them) and you are at the exact point you was. not as fast as to rescue your lost save but fast, easy and is the easiest way i think to re create your lost save game instead of playing a game that would have a completely different feeling cause of your level compared to the one of enemies and npcs.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    If you're using Steam or GOG Galaxy, you should try using the cloud saves option for the next time you play. That way, even on hardware failure, your saved games would remain intact and accessible.
    sarevok57