Skip to content

Project Infinity - mod manager for Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and EET

Comments

• ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    southfla79 wrote: »
    Are EET installs supported now? Been a while since I've looked at this but I vaguely remember they weren't before. Or I'm totally confused.
    EET installation was always supported, just not 'automated' aka installing mods for BG1EE then switching to BG2EE, installing EET and then all other mods. Extra EET field is simply for convenience. I will seek a way to provide similar 'workflow' but I can not promise anything today.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    edited May 2019
    I have tried to install my mods with PI three times already, but it hasn't worked yet.
    • The first time I tried (log1.zip) it looks like there was a problem because the path to my game had apostrophes and the program was not processing them properly (check the log to see if I got that right).
    • The second time I think it was the same problem because there was still an apostrophe somewhere. Can't find that log, sorry.
    • The third time I started one and a half hours ago, and it looks like not much has happened in that time. The logs (log3.zip) don't show any error, but the override folder in my installation folder is empty and there isn't even a WeiDU.log.
    edited May 2019
    @Alonso
    Yep, apostrophe is the problem, the bad news is that it's very problematic.

Log 3 shows that you didn't even look at the messages which are displayed at the installation log window:
    [G:\Games\Baldurs Gate\BG2\Baldurs Gate II - Enhanced Edition - Project Infinity\setup-cdtweaks.exe] WeiDU version 24600
    Using Language [English]
    Please choose the language in which you wish to play the game.
    If you later wish to play the game in a different language you will need to edit the file weidu.conf and reinstall your mods.
    0 [German]
    1 [English]
    2 [Spanish]
    3 [Italian]
    4 [Korean]
    5 [Polish]
    6 [Russian]
    7 [Simplified Chinese]
    It has nothing to do with PI. This is standard WeiDU message, you didn't choose the language in which you wish to play the game. Since mods are installed only into one language, you need to set this once so WeiDU mod can know which tlk file from lang\ it should use in order to add new text data.
    Post edited by ALIEN on
    RaduzielAlonso
    ALIEN wrote: »
    Yep, apostrophe is the problem, the bad news is that it's very problematic.
    Yeah, it's a pain to get around all the funny characters. But apostrophes are important, they are in the name of the game! Sometimes you just escape them with a backslash and that works, but I don't even know what language you're using, it might be something different.
    Log 3 shows that you didn't even look at the messages which are displayed at the installation log window
    Yeah, I was checking the documentation to see if there was something about that log but couldn't find anything. But I'm sure someone will add that to the documentation soon :wink:

Anyway, VICTORY! I finally managed to install everything and it's working fine. Thank you for your help! :smile:
    ALIEN
    @Alonso More tests shows that the apostrophe was only problematic during file association. Fixed locally.
    AlonsoRaduziel
  • Mr_TMr_T Member Posts: 7
    Strange, the installation logs show that Project Infinity stops before the audio files are converted (I waited 15 minutes before terminating the program at that point) while Big World Setup has no problem with them.
    Alonso
    edited May 2019
    @Mr_T Thanks for extra logs, It's already fixed, wait for next version o:)
    RaduzielAlonso
    • moved "tp2 path" and "languages list" to mod infobox
    • improved support for outdated mods which still uses 'AT_*'
    • fixed file association when application path contains apostrophe
    Raduzielleeux
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    I was trying to give your app a try for installing my modded setup, ALIEN... but had troubles installing the required dependencies on my W7 64bits machine... specifically the WMF 5.1 install doesn't work for me, it's says something gone wrong and aborts. Had to go with the old but working BWS route (i.e. with the EE Mod Install Tool fork)

This is the error I was getting getting, sadly I wasn't able to save the actual installer log:
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80092004: Update for Windows (KB3191566).

Do you have any recommendations, or insights as to what might be going on? Tried doing some research on google but sadly all the matches I found refer to errors that aren't the one it gave to me, so not sure if they apply...

Most of the recommendation I found talked about the need to completely remove the old WMF 3.x prior to installing the new one, but I don't have any of them installed at all.

And I found a mention of someone that said that he solved the issue but didn't post back the solution :cry:
    @leeux No, sorry I can't help you with OS diagnostic.
    I have a problem with PI that didn't happen before: It fails to detect my game (BG2). When I start PI for the first time I specify the game directory in settings, click OK, then I click Settings, and the path of my game has disappeared. I restart PI, fiddle a bit with the buttons, restart it again, go to settings, and now the path is there. However, the game selection drop down is empty, there's no game there.
    edited May 2019
    • fixed game setup for classic games (regression)
    • fixed "Open game folder" icon action (regression)

@Alonso Please try new version.
    leeux
  • MasterChefMasterChef Member Posts: 43
    First off, this is awesome! Thanks so much!

I have been trying to install some mods, but it looks like "subcomponents" of mods are not recognizing when I clck the "add-selectedmods" button.

For example, when I try to add the Cantrips component of Tome and Blood, the selection does not move over in selected mods. It looks like this is because I have to chose component options around this part of the mod.

This looks like it is happening with every other mod component that requires a secondary level of section.
    edited May 2019
    @MasterChef Yep, that's on me being tired.

## 0.6.0
    • prevent selecting meaningless checkbox
    • fixed selecting subcomponents (regression)

Post edited by ALIEN on
    @Alonso Please try new version.
    Didn't work, still the same problem.

## 0.6.1
    • fixed initial game path setup
    • fixed removing all game path from Settings window
    • providing initial game path will also select associated game
    Alonso
    Thank you, @ALIEN, that fixed it.

I've found a different problem now: I believe that once you have selected both the game folder and the mods folder, the left panel is supposed to display a list of the mods available in the mod folder. In this list, the mods that have several components should have a plus sign to their left that when clicked displays the components. In my PC this plus sign is not displayed by default, the only way I have found to display it is to click each mod. When you click each mod, after a few seconds the plus sign is displayed.

Apart from this, I believe that the mods that you have already installed should be selected. In my computer this doesn't happen, all the boxes for all the mods and components are unselected.
    Alonso wrote: »
    I've found a different problem now: I believe that once you have selected both the game folder and the mods folder, the left panel is supposed to display a list of the mods available in the mod folder. In this list, the mods that have several components should have a plus sign to their left that when clicked displays the components. In my PC this plus sign is not displayed by default, the only way I have found to display it is to click each mod. When you click each mod, after a few seconds the plus sign is displayed.
    Do you mean that right now, you need two action (click on node, click on +) in order to see component list instead of one? That can be reverted to one action.
    Apart from this, I believe that the mods that you have already installed should be selected. In my computer this doesn't happen, all the boxes for all the mods and components are unselected.
    This feature is not at the feature list so it's not your computer's fault. Selecting all currently installed components for current game also means that player would have to uncheck all of them if he only wants to install additional components. Otherwise, all currently selected components will be added to installation sequence and reinstalled.
    Do you mean that right now, you need two action (click on node, click on +) in order to see component list instead of one? That can be reverted to one action.
    Yeah, that's what I mean.
    This feature is not at the feature list so it's not your computer's fault. Selecting all currently installed components for current game also means that player would have to uncheck all of them if he only wants to install additional components. Otherwise, all currently selected components will be added to installation sequence and reinstalled.
    OK, I thought it was a part of PI already. It would be a nice feature, though. Most installers work like that: They detect the components that are already installed, and they select them automatically in their list of components. If you want to add a component that is not installed yet, you just select that component, you don't have to do anything else. If you want to remove a component, you just unselect it, you don't have to do anything else either.

I imagine you must be very busy with all this development work, but it would be a very nice feature if you have the time to look into it.
    Most installers work like that: They detect the components that are already installed, and they select them automatically in their list of components. If you want to add a component that is not installed yet, you just select that component, you don't have to do anything else. If you want to remove a component, you just unselect it, you don't have to do anything else either.
    Most installers for other games can have such workflow because game engine allows for it. Infinity Engine + Weidu doesn't support such workflow, especially the part where you want to uncheck/deselect mod component in order to uninstall it. If you want to see for yourself, try to install 50 mods and then uninstall the first one. Just forget about it.

Arthas
    • added 'Uncheck-Everything' button
    • preventing selecting checkbox for main mod node
    • fixed language list for single language
    Another little detail I've noticed, in case it's helpful: when you click the name of a mod for the first time it changes. For instance, when I open PI the name of the first mod in my list of mods is just "cdtweaks". However, when I click it, it changes (also after a few seconds) to "cdtweaks v8".
    Another little detail I've noticed, in case it's helpful: when you click the name of a mod for the first time it changes. For instance, when I open PI the name of the first mod in my list of mods is just "cdtweaks". However, when I click it, it changes (also after a few seconds) to "cdtweaks v8".
    Well, that's how it suppose to work (adding mod version to the mod ID/Display name), what do you expect?

I'm surprised that when you click the mod its name changes. Is that intended behaviour? What would be the reason for that?
    @Alonso It's not name change, I'm adding version of the mod, it's for quickly identifying mod version. Also look at EET_Tweaks/The Beaurin Legacy to see what is happening when mod has metadata.
    Fair enough, but my question is: Why don't you add the version of the mod since the beginning, why do I have to click the name of the mod to show the version?
    @Alonso Because getting mod version takes time so you would have to wait 20 seconds or more before mod list will be displayed (the case for earlier versions). And that's much worse when user want's only to run PI in order to install one, single additional mod.
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    edited May 2019
    Something weird with the last version: the update button is always set.

Here is the PI.log file content:
    Application: ProjectInfinity.exe
    ApplicationLocalVersion: 0.6.3
    ApplicationOnlineVersion: 0.6.2
    ApplicationDirectory: F:\IE
    OperatingSystem: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0
    NetFrameworkVersion: 4.7.2
    PowershellVersion: 5.1.17134.112
    Lecture de la réponse Web terminée. (Nombre d’octets lus : 31)

Répertoire : F:\IE\Logs

Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
    ----

----
    d
    15/05/2019 18:05 2019.05.15-18꞉05

edited May 2019
    • New Feature: pausing installation
    • cannot pause / abort installation of single component
    • cannot pause / abort after the last component starts installation
    • preventing closing application during ongoing installation
    • more GUI elements are disabled during ongoing installation
    • improve aborting installation
    • minor GUI redesign

• cosmetic changes

@Gwendolyne This should be now fixed.
    Raduziel
    Maybe I didn't explain myself well. What surprises me is not that the version is there. What surprises me is that it is not there at the beginning, but then it suddently appears when you click a mod, and it only appears for the mods that you have clicked. Did I explain it better this time?