Skip to content

What's your favorite/most interesting class to play?

2»

Comments

• NuinNuin Member Posts: 451
    edited May 2019
    Try Blade/Jester with Nahal's Reckless Dweomer. It would be so nice if that was an HLA option for bards.
  • tedmann12tedmann12 Member Posts: 128
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    I will focus more on the fun then on the raw power in my answer.

One class that i find really interesting is the CM, actually i play Aerie for it, but if in some battles i use the CM as a caster in many other situations i use the clerical spells to buff for the combat, even if the apr never exceeds 4 are attacks that hurt. At high levels the mlee power of a CM can become crazy, in some battles i have Aerie's PI buffed and shapeshifted in golem, Righteous Magic grants a 40 damage roll every time on top of the 14 for the 25 str. As the PI is placed in a spot where she draw on her and her golem MR the spells of the enemy mages the simulacrum kicks in, also buffed and with a shiny BBOD from a scroll in the quick slot to flank and do even more damage. There is no Korgan that can match the havoc that 2 clones of a high level CM can cause...
    I always DW with the CM as soon as he/she get enough levels to do it effectively.

How do you attack with your project image? I believe project images can only cast and not do physical attacks?

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    @tedmann12
    they can not normally do it, but can in special conditions, shape shifted into different creatures.
    when you find a shapeshift scroll, she can use the golem form from that spell. you don't even need aerie to be able to cast lev 9 spells, thing that happens pretty late in most parties, as the pi can use the scroll from a quick slot without expending it (there are maybe only 3 or 4 of such scrolls in all the game...).
    and the pi should have the best weapon in the oh, as it will be used, while the mh weapon will be replaced by the golem's fist.

as a mage in a different form can not cast spells the pi has to buff when in human form or use pre set trigger and sequencers when in golem form. at high enough level and with the cleric ring that rise the str by 1 a trigger with holy power, righteous magic and improved haste is enough to give to the pi fighter's thac0, 25 str, 4 apr and the automatic maxed damage roll, that on a 4d10 fist is very strong. at lower levels some sequencer with duhm inside must be used.

the trick works with every mage, but a CM can bring it to the next level as can greatly boost thac0 str and dmg.
    many players with other mages like to shapeshift into mind flyer with some time stop scrolls in a quick slot (the attacks in a TS hit every time ignoring the enemy AC), i don't like and use that tactic.