Skip to content

Mage Belt Buckle Color Change

This is probably the most asinine post here, but what's up with human male mages and their belt buckles?

I started a new game of BG1 today and made my standard human male sorcerer and he had a ugly brown belt buckle. No matter how many times I changed his colors, the buckle remained brown. I tried making the character multiple times, still a brown buckle. I thought they used to have nice silver ones.

Just to be sure I wasn't crazy, I loaded my LAST BG1 save from a previous run and lo and behold, a silver belt buckle! I took off all his gear to be sure - and yes it's silver.

I've attached a screen shot. On the left is the new character with the brown buckle and the left the older save with the silver.

Like I said, changing colors doesn't do squat. Does anyone know what's up here?

ffog3f87jd82.png
lolien

Comments

• byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    edited May 2019
    Is the guy in red also a Sorcerer? I think the belt buckle color changes depending on what mage specialization that you pick. i just tried myself and the wild mage gets a multi color belt. And a necromancer gets like a white colored belt.
    Baptorlolien
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Besides the 2 color settings you can alter within the game, there are 3 more color settings for you to play with in EE-Keeper - Armor, leather and metal. However, these three will be overwritten if you wear armor or clothing.
    BaptorDJKajuru
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    byrne20 wrote: »
    Is the guy in red also a Sorcerer? I think the belt buckle color changes depending on what mage specialization that you pick. i just tried myself and the wild mage gets a multi color belt. And a necromancer gets like a white colored belt.

They are both sorcerers. That's very interesting though, and I want to try it out.
    Besides the 2 color settings you can alter within the game, there are 3 more color settings for you to play with in EE-Keeper - Armor, leather and metal. However, these three will be overwritten if you wear armor or clothing.

You're right! I was able to change it to silver in EE Keeper. And just by-the-by, if you ever want to get a color scheme and keep it even while wearing different robes, you can use the "More Styles for Mages" mod - it's a must have for me especially in BG2.

lolien