Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Mage Belt Buckle Color Change

This is probably the most asinine post here, but what's up with human male mages and their belt buckles?

I started a new game of BG1 today and made my standard human male sorcerer and he had a ugly brown belt buckle. No matter how many times I changed his colors, the buckle remained brown. I tried making the character multiple times, still a brown buckle. I thought they used to have nice silver ones.

Just to be sure I wasn't crazy, I loaded my LAST BG1 save from a previous run and lo and behold, a silver belt buckle! I took off all his gear to be sure - and yes it's silver.

I've attached a screen shot. On the left is the new character with the brown buckle and the left the older save with the silver.

Like I said, changing colors doesn't do squat. Does anyone know what's up here?

ffog3f87jd82.png

lolien

Comments

• byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 291
    edited May 19
    Is the guy in red also a Sorcerer? I think the belt buckle color changes depending on what mage specialization that you pick. i just tried myself and the wild mage gets a multi color belt. And a necromancer gets like a white colored belt.

Baptorlolien
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 963
    Besides the 2 color settings you can alter within the game, there are 3 more color settings for you to play with in EE-Keeper - Armor, leather and metal. However, these three will be overwritten if you wear armor or clothing.

BaptorDJKajuru
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 184
    byrne20 wrote: »
    Is the guy in red also a Sorcerer? I think the belt buckle color changes depending on what mage specialization that you pick. i just tried myself and the wild mage gets a multi color belt. And a necromancer gets like a white colored belt.

They are both sorcerers. That's very interesting though, and I want to try it out.
    Besides the 2 color settings you can alter within the game, there are 3 more color settings for you to play with in EE-Keeper - Armor, leather and metal. However, these three will be overwritten if you wear armor or clothing.

You're right! I was able to change it to silver in EE Keeper. And just by-the-by, if you ever want to get a color scheme and keep it even while wearing different robes, you can use the "More Styles for Mages" mod - it's a must have for me especially in BG2.

lolien