Skip to content

Any NPCs appear in the books?

dnewhousdnewhous Member Posts: 16
Under given or assumed names? Besides Drizz and Elminster.

Comments

• GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I haven't read any of the fiction, but I do know that Minsc and Boo show up in the 5e published adventure module "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist"
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Jaheira's breasts make an appearance in the 'official' Baldur's Gate novel! I recommend you read it just to see how horrible 'canon' can turn out. Abdel is the most ridiculously unlikable main character I've ever read about...
    MERLANCEmashedtaterssarevok57
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Most of the standout NPCs the game, not the companion ones that is but the actual NPCs, innkeepers, shopkeepers, city personae and the like are directly taken from the 2nd edition sourcebook for the region, called Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast. The game is heavily based off of it, up to and including the Iron Tower plot (but not the specifics thereof, it's a unspecified plot hook in the book for DMs to expand upon - basically it says something like "the Iron Tower merchant company, based of off Sembia, is up to something, but nobody knows what") being inspired by it.
    Mantis37
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Minsc is ginger
  • dnewhousdnewhous Member Posts: 16
    I mean any of the Forgotten Realms books.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    edited October 2019
    Cadderly from the Cleric quintet has a cameo in Candlekeep. And there's Entreri / Jarlaxle in BG2.
    ThacoBell