Skip to content

DMing in a Persistent World Environment

Carlo_OneCarlo_One Member Posts: 77
Download at Neverwinter Vault: https://neverwintervault.org/article/reference/dming-persistent-world-environment

This is a revised and updated guide to techniques for effective DMing on a PW. The contents cover a number of conceptual and practical issues involved with DMing in a persistent world environment, and were originally based on a discussion at the old Bioware DM-Friendly Initiative (DMFI) Guild forum. Thanks go to all those DMs who contributed ideas and comments.

Table of Contents

I. Introduction: What’s Different about DMing in Persistent Worlds?
II. PW Content: Dynamic, Static and PC-centric
III. Consistency and Continuity
IV. Community Relations

Comments

• AschentAschent Member Posts: 15
    I highly recommend this to anyone considering DMing on a PW. Pace yourself wisely, be consistent, and ensure you have a healthy expectation of yourself.
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    The font used looks awful - kerning issues where letters are all jammed together. Any chance you'll republish with a different font for readability?
  • Carlo_OneCarlo_One Member Posts: 77
    GM_ODA wrote: »
    The font used looks awful - kerning issues where letters are all jammed together. Any chance you'll republish with a different font for readability?

I just pulled up the PDF copy directly from the Vault and I can't see any issues with it. Font used was Times New Roman 14, not exactly unusual (if perhaps unexciting).
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    Weird - I'm viewing/running on a Raspberry Pi and that _might_ impact it some but I'm not certain that this is the issue. I'll look at it on other devices later and send up a screenie of the Pi view too for your eval.