Skip to content

Paladin / Purple Dragon Knight / Champion of Torm build [NO SPOILER]

FraideiFraidei Member Posts: 5
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Recently I created the concept of a character, and I wanted to bring her in many RPG games that I like (Bg2ee, Nwnee, Morrowind, Skyrim, and maybe other) but obv here I will ask about Nwn. My character is a paladin-like, more next to a warrior than a priest. It's a charismatic holy warrior, defender of the weak and justice, and destroyer of evil and undead. I wanted to make her a Paladin / Purple Dragon Knight / Champion of Torm (I want her to be mostly a Purple Dragon Knight), but I played the games only few times and I don't know how to not make a weak character (I want to bring her to max level, from the OC to other modules, but only Pve). How do you suggest to do it? Thanks in advance

PS: sorry for my bad english, I'm italian. I will accept also language corrections :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I want her to use a sword (maybe long sword) and a shield, and a heavy armor, if possible
Post edited by Fraidei on

Comments

• FraideiFraidei Member Posts: 5
    Nothing?
  • SuperFunHappySuperFunHappy Member Posts: 44
    You can try making 16 Paladin, 10 COT and 14 PDK. I think at level 16 Paladin will be able to cast Holy Sword. 10 levels of COT for the saves and the rest of the levels in PDK because you said you mainly want her to be a PDK.

I've never had any interest in playing a Purple Dragon Knight so off the top of my head I don't how many skill points are required to fulfil the requirements for that class.

You want her to be a charismatic holy warrior so try going for 15 + 1 Charisma. 14 Wisdom for the Paladin spells. The rest of the stats can probably go into Strength and Intelligence depending on the Purple Dragon Knight requirements. You can probably set Dexterity to -8 since you are wearing heavy armour.
    Thanks for the response :) I already tried to build it at early levels, but I didn't play it much. In HoU (so I can level up to level 15) I did that:
    -Level 1: Paladin 1
    -Level 2: Paladin 2
    -Level 3: Paladin 3
    -Level 4: Paladin 4
    -Level 5: Paladin 5
    -Level 6: Purple Dragon Knight 1
    -Level 7: Purple Dragon Knight 2
    -Level 8: Purple Dragon Knight 3
    -Level 9: Purple Dragon Knight 4
    -Level 10: Purple Dragon Knight 5
    -Level 11: Champion of Torm 1
    -Level 12: Champion of Torm 2
    -Level 13: Champion of Torm 3
    -Level 14: Champion of Torm 4
    -Level 15: Champion of Torm 5

Sadly the max level of Purple Dragon Knight is 5, and cannot be taken in epic levels. So maybe for the next levels I will take equal levels in Paladin and Champion of Torm (or is better all Champion of Torm or all Paladin?), but I will roleplay as a Purple Knight Dragon, so most of the time I will command my allies and support them with priest spells. Are there some good modules that allow the PG to have more than one follower (i don't want to play with other players, only AI)? And last question, what are good priest spells to support my allies (which buffs, heals, etc.)?
    Torgrimmer
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Fraidei wrote: »
    Thanks for the response :) I already tried to build it at early levels, but I didn't play it much. In HoU (so I can level up to level 15) I did that:
    -Level 1: Paladin 1
    -Level 2: Paladin 2
    -Level 3: Paladin 3
    -Level 4: Paladin 4
    -Level 5: Paladin 5
    -Level 6: Purple Dragon Knight 1
    -Level 7: Purple Dragon Knight 2
    -Level 8: Purple Dragon Knight 3
    -Level 9: Purple Dragon Knight 4
    -Level 10: Purple Dragon Knight 5
    -Level 11: Champion of Torm 1
    -Level 12: Champion of Torm 2
    -Level 13: Champion of Torm 3
    -Level 14: Champion of Torm 4
    -Level 15: Champion of Torm 5

Sadly the max level of Purple Dragon Knight is 5, and cannot be taken in epic levels. So maybe for the next levels I will take equal levels in Paladin and Champion of Torm (or is better all Champion of Torm or all Paladin?), but I will roleplay as a Purple Knight Dragon, so most of the time I will command my allies and support them with priest spells. Are there some good modules that allow the PG to have more than one follower (i don't want to play with other players, only AI)? And last question, what are good priest spells to support my allies (which buffs, heals, etc.)?

I like this build :)
    Thank you @Torgrimmer , I'd like to see more players that use Purple Dragon Knight