Skip to content

Jaheria Romance stuck at LD25

Rosery99Rosery99 Member Posts: 5
So I've just entered into Chapter 6 and begun heading into random wilderness areas to provoke the next step of Jaheria's romance, however nothing wants to proc. I have checked the values with EEKeeper and everything seems fine, The romance is progressing but even after travelling for legitmate weeks in game, nothing occurs. I am at an absolute loss and wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Edit: Well never mind. I reloaded to the beginning of the chapter, ran around, did some shopping and her LD finally freaking triggered, never thought it would. No idea what fixed it but whew, glad I don't need to restart the whole damn game again.
Post edited by Rosery99 on

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited May 2019
    this is strange.
    are you sure that the second time you did not rest in the wilderness area instead of simply entering it?
    for a certain happening
    the ambush while sleeping
    it is needed that you rest in a wilderness area.

if it is not the case i am not sure if it was some sort of bug that occurred after the reload point you did or if you did something in a different way.
    i am not particularly found of the way jaheira's romance is implemented, as to rest in a wilderness area is one of the things that a player not spoiled can not do, and even if jaheira in one of her dialogues tells about how she dislikes the cities and prefers the wilderness it is not a enough strong clue to be sure that a not spoiled player ruin the romance for never resting in the right place.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Jaheira has some weird timers and conditions for her lovetalks. @gorgonzola is correct about needing to rest in the wilderness once for the ambush. You also need to buy the locket from the merchant in the docks as well. The biggest one though, is probably her REAL TIME timer for the final dialogue with Terminsel. It takes a few hours real time to trigger, and I'm 90% certain you also have to travel to a city location after the time requirement is met. I've never been able to get it to trigger outside athkatla.
    gorgonzola
  • Gatekeep3rGatekeep3r Member Posts: 123
    I've never been a fan of the Jaheira romance. I could've lived with a friendship (which makes sense) and charname maybe joining the Harpers, but a romance just weeks after Khalid was tortured to death seems inappropriate.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Gatekeep3r wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of the Jaheira romance. I could've lived with a friendship (which makes sense) and charname maybe joining the Harpers, but a romance just weeks after Khalid was tortured to death seems inappropriate.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie - that was initially troublesome for me as well.

However, on the flip side, it is quite possible that you have been adventuring alongside Jaheira for a very long time. You (in theory) pick her and Khalid up less than 24 hours after the ambush, and depending on how long it took you to get through BG and ToSC, she would know you pretty intimately by the time you get to BG2. Also, she doesn't exactly jump in the sack with you right at first either. Her reaction also depends on your having her back with the Harpers, and her having yours. It's more complicated than a simple gooey eyed romance like Aerie's. Hers is the longest, most interesting/frustrating romance of them all, and I think this is precisely why.

It is quite possible that your PC is the anchor that she is holding onto, and that it starts out more as a rebound than a romance. It's just that there is an underlying relationship for that rebound to actually build into a romance.

Which means that, when you think about it a bit, it's not nearly as weird/inappropriate as it seems on the surface.
    ThacoBellZaxaresgorgonzola
  • Gatekeep3rGatekeep3r Member Posts: 123
    Even with a lot of RP on my part it's still uncomfortable. I liked Khalid a lot, and I wouldn't really approve of my wife starting a relationship with one of my friends a few weeks after I kick the bucket, no matter how good their friendship is.
    Considering the romances ridiculous timers, if you are just playing the game naturally and not farming for the romance as fast as possible, its more like a few months.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Gatekeep3r wrote: »
    Even with a lot of RP on my part it's still uncomfortable. I liked Khalid a lot, and I wouldn't really approve of my wife starting a relationship with one of my friends a few weeks after I kick the bucket, no matter how good their friendship is.

That's the thing, though. It won't really matter what you feel about it once you kick the bucket. Not trying to be harsh, but that's the reality of it. While it's just a game, I suspect a RL version of Jaheira would be just as conflicted, though. Which is why I said it's important to consider the context.

ThacoBell also brought up a good point. By the time the romance part actually starts, you should be a pretty good ways in. Months of travel, battles, and plenty of other things to keep your mind off seeing Khalid splayed out like a middle-school biology project in Irenicus' dungeon.

Given the circumstances, I no longer find it troubling, and I generally go with the Jaheira romance because it's one of the few that feels as though it has any real depth. The only reason I didn't in the current one was because I decided to try Isra.
    ThacoBell
    Note that if we include getting to know each other in BG1, you're looking at a couple years of traveling with each other and being in close contact. So the few months of romance in BG2 has a solid foundation to stand on, as you already know each other very well.
    megamike15
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Yeah, Jaheira has the most (mechanically) complicated romance out of all the options. As a rule of thumb, if nothing seems to be happening, try sleeping out in the wilderness. There's one particular encounter that only triggers if you're sleeping out in the wild, and it's where I got stuck at for the longest time.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Note that if we include getting to know each other in BG1, you're looking at a couple years of traveling with each other and being in close contact. So the few months of romance in BG2 has a solid foundation to stand on, as you already know each other very well.

it's like the romances with tali and garrus in mass effect 2. they already had a relationship before a romance happens. it's why i like alot of mod npc that go through the whole saga so the romance that starts in either sod or bg2 feels more natural.
    ThacoBell