Skip to content

Console enabling trouble

SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 199
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to Enable the console in BGEE/SoD/BG2EE in version 2.0 and later.

Comments

• WedgeWedge Member Posts: 8
    I was told to reply to the thread here from Steam for my problems regarding activating the console for my device.

I am currently running Mac OS X Yosemite, and I have an issue with Baldur's Gate EE, Baldur's Gate II EE, Icewind Dale EE, and Planescape: Torment EE. The issue is that despite following the instructions, not only does it not work, but any settings I have changed gets lost as the system seems to delete the baldur.lua file and replaces it with a new one.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Wedge sorry it took so long for us to notice your problem.

I am not an expert on this kind of issue, but it sounds like the files in question may be marked as "read only" and thus cannot be overwritten or edited.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    While the game regularly modifies the baldur.lua file, including every time you change an option, it shouldn't revert your changes. I've only had to add the debug line once.

I'm also on a Mac, and I've had some issues with large swaths of stuff in the documents folder - which this is in - being mysteriously set to read only. You can check this by using "Get Info" on a document or folder, and you can modify permissions if necessary from that info screen with an administrator password.
  • WedgeWedge Member Posts: 8
    It's not marked as "read only" or in my case, "locked". What I have noticed is that if I save the settings, it does keep those changes. However, upon loading the game after exiting, the settings are reverted to default as if the file was deleted and replaced by a new one (everytime I load Baldur's Gate, it prompts me to select the campaign which it doesn't on the PC).