Skip to content

Looking for some BG2:EE mods!

ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
So I'm nearing the end of my IWD:EE playthrough and next up in line is the much loved BG2! I never modded the original game, so I'm not really sure where to start with this, but I'm looking for some mods that can do the following:

1. Allow me to attain every single PC stronghold in the same playthrough
2. Allow me to romance all eligible romance interests (e.g. a male character would be able to romance all of the ladies, Dorn, but not Rasaad or Anomen.)
3. The Imoen romance mod looks interesting so I'd like to give that a go too.
4. I've heard that there were some cut quests and other content that didn't make it into the EE. Are there any mods that restore these?

In addition, I briefly peeked at the List of Eligible mods, but stuff like Weidu/non-Weidu mods is confusing me somewhat. Would anybody be able to give me some precise instructions on how to get started with my modding journey?

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    nah i linked the same page on purpose as it has both.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Thanks for the links, megamike! Something that also occurred to me last night. I've heard that someone created a mod to help wrap up the loose end of Skie and the Soultaker Dagger from Siege of Dragonspear. I didn't see it mentioned in the pages above, any idea where I might find it?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it! (Here on this very forum too, no less. XD) For anyone else who might be looking for it, it's at https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/68711/mod-skie-the-cost-of-one-girls-soul
    One last question. Is the order in which I install these mods of any importance?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    quests. then banter/friendship mods, then npc mods, then tweaks

so for you
    unfinished business
    imoean romance
    skie's mod
    then tweaks

this is how i install my mods and it works for me with no real conflicts.
    Zaxares
    Thanks very much for all of your help! :D
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    There's also an NPC mod called RJali Romance that adds an NPC to your party and kind of creates an in-game link between the multiple romances that you run at the same time, since as the creator explains (and I noticed this as well), the romances seem to happen in some kind of vacuum where no one comments about the other romances.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Saber83 wrote: »
    There's also an NPC mod called RJali Romance that adds an NPC to your party and kind of creates an in-game link between the multiple romances that you run at the same time, since as the creator explains (and I noticed this as well), the romances seem to happen in some kind of vacuum where no one comments about the other romances.
    Yes, because mod NPCs acknowledging each other’s romances would fall under crossmod, which should be done through author collaboration. Rjali massively derails the personalities of the mod characters included and turns them into harem dolls for the sake of player gratification. It’s extremely distasteful overall.

I am aware that Sirene is included in the mod. I did not approve it, and I certainly do not find the writing in-character.
    Isewein
    About the romances, my wish to allow me to romance all of the eligible partners at once is mostly just to save myself time on repeated playthroughs. (Aerie is my One True Love for my personal canon. <3) For the purposes of actual roleplaying, I'm just presuming that the romances are each occurring in alternate universes without any real relation to each other. XD
    edited June 2019
    I thought I'd update this thread instead of creating a completely new one. I was wondering if there happens to be any mod out there that adds more of the SoD items into BG2? I'm finding a general dearth of variety in terms of belts, amulets and boots to add to my party. (Sure, there's plenty of copies of Destroyer of the Hills etc. floating around, but I like spreading unique items around my party! :) ) One of the things I loved about SoD was the presence of fairly unique trinkets like the Ring of the Tiny Fiend, or the Lucky belt.