Skip to content

Most Annoying IWD Enemy?

124»

Comments

• SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    Raduziel wrote: »
    Any enemy with magic immunity, it hurts solo casters/heavily caster parties, magic immunity is awful like an 100% impenetrable armor,

Agree.

I love 2nd Edition, but the way 3rd Edition handles SR is way better and more balanced.

IMO 3.5 handles it in the best way. IMO an magical materialized spear and an "crafted" spear should work in a similar way. On 3e, an Incendiary Cloud spell allow SR, 3.5e incendiary cloud is no different than a natural fire...
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    Heheh. 5 years later and I haven't lived down leaving out the Wailing Virgins from my poll. I think they are truly my most hated enemy, but it's really a combination of them appearing alongside the heavy damage dealing Barrow Wights and Drowned Dead.

Also contrary to my preamble, I did beat Heart of Fury again and found it a lot easier on Enhanced Edition. Another factor I think made it easier was playing with 6 druids, rather than the 6 dwarf party I had the first time.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Salamanders. Not so much dangerous than pesky and annoying. I hate not being able to use crowd control to prevent taking damage, and it's also hard to predict how far their aura goes and how frequently its damage applies.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I could reliably steamroll Barrow Wights and the Wailing Virgins usually with my fighter heavy party, and do it over and over, but the Drowned Dead were always a slog, taking so long to kill, and often dealing reasonable damage before keeling over finally. That was a tough but rewarding island, loved the cool gear.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    StromaelIseweinsemiticgoddess