Skip to content

Help! Stuck in Durlag's Tower (spoilers)

ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
I'm in trouble. I'm doing a minimal reload run, so "reload and try again" would be my last option. This is what happened:
6cwjwdob4ze8.jpg

I got teleported on the chess board, so I can't go back. I went through that door and downstairs, met the ghost of Durlag who told me what I'd have to do, and his wife offered me the option to transport me out.
I've put all my companions' stuff into a container so that it won't disappear.

If I accept Islanne's offer to teleport me out of there, will I be able to go back after Raising my companions, to get their stuff and maybe even finish the tower?

If it's not possible to go back after being sent out by Islanne, will I be able to get back into the tower if I finish it going solo? And yes, I know that would be very difficult, especially because it's my first time in Durlag's Tower (if you don't count a run in 1999 or 2000 which I don't remember), but that's not the point.

I'd really, really appreciate any help. I'd just try to go ahead, but it would be frustrating to notice after several hours that I'd have to reload anyway and then repeat everything.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2019
    R.I.P.

There is basically nothing you can do here. There is no way to get back into the lowest floor once you're out there, and I don't know about the vanilla difficulty but it's going to be a nightmare to get through as a solo non-caster. If you have a load before this then I recommend just resetting because this is basically a no-win situation.

okay okay I was wrong i gave faulty advice i'm sorry
    Post edited by TheArtisan on
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Nine Hells! I suspected as much. Yes, I do have a save before that.

I have tons of potions, green scrolls, some arrows of dispelling and such, I'd risk it. But if I can't ever get back, even if I survive, I'll leave the tower, Raise 5 naked companions and have lost their irreplaceable equipment.

Sigh.

But thank you, @AionZ , for saving me from wasting several hours and then noticing that.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Huh. I guess it does work. Go figure.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    That's good to know. Thank you.