Skip to content

[(BG1) BUG] Greenstone Amulet Missing Advertised Protections

KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
edited July 2012 in Fixed
The amulet did not provide protection against all of the effects listed in its description.

--

Replaced w/ BGII version of the Amulet (AMUL17.ITM)

(Originally found and fixed in EasyTutu)
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    Sort of Works. I equipped the amulet and was not affected by sleep, confusion, fear/horror, dire charm and a few others. The problem is that my character was still affected by these things visually.

For example in the bottom text, the enemy would cast confusion and it would say Bob: Confused. The symbol above the head for confusion would also appear. Although I would still be able to control my character, showing that the protection was definately effective. The same is true for dire charm.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    edited June 2012
    @HeroicSpur
    Yes, I found that even though I was clearly not effected by a ghoul's Hold, the "III" icon was still on my potrait, not to mention getting the ghoul's Hold explosion animation.

I've been trying to confirm this one, but AMUL17 has, according to its description, a number of mind immunities, including against Charm, Hold, Confusion, Fear, Detect Alignment, Stun, Sleep, and Feeblemind... as well as psionics and ESP which don't seem to be BG1 at all (more like DnD). The Amulet also appears to have only 1 charge before it vanishes... which I doubt is the intended amount.

I can confirm thus far that Neira's Feeblemind and a Ghoul's Hold failed, but whereas Neira's Feeblemind works when not using the Amulet, the Ghoul's Hold appears not to work anyway, so the Ghoul's Hold isn't much of a confirmation. Still testing...
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    @Bhryaen: All items I've created through CLUA appear to have only 1 charge, I thought was just a result of how they're created. If it applies to all charged items it's quite a serious bug.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I haven't tested charged items much. But I know that the weird wand that we get instead of the wand of missiles in the Obe group tutorial fight had multiple charges.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    I believe you have to specify the amount of charges when creating an item via CLUA. I just can't remember for sure.
    edited June 2012
    @HeroicSpur, @Tanthalas, @Balquo
    I neglected to edit/ mention- not sure about the charge specification, but for sure spawning the Greenstone Amulet in vBG1 also gives a GA with only 1 charge. The spawned Inviso ring has multiple charges in both vBG1 and BGEEBuild.
    edited June 2012
    GAH! Must must must stop speaking without prior confirmation... No, spawning an Inviso Ring (Ring05) without specifying further results in a 1 charge item as well...

[EDIT]
    @Balquo is correct: you add the ", #" after the item with CLUA CreateItem just as if creating multiple items, but it auto-applies the amount as charges instead. So CLUAConsole:CreateItem("RING05",50) = an Inviso Ring with 50 charges.
    edited June 2012
    OK, confirmed fixed (except for Sleep):
    Hold- Works (Neira's Hold Person AR4801) (Carrion Crawler spawn AR3601) (Zeela, Lamatha Hold Person AR5000)- w/o GA, Held
    Feeblemind- Works (Neira AR4801) - w/o GA, Feebleminded
    Fear- Works vs Horror (Jemby AR4200, Tarnesh AR2300) - w/o GA, Panicked;
    Charm- Works vs Dire Charm (Sirines AR3600) - w/o GA, Charmed;
    Confusion- Works (Sirines AR3600 (effect of Sirine Kiss, I'm assuming, since the Confused icon showed up)) - w/o GA, Confused
    Stun- Works v Darts of Stunning - w/o GA, Stunned
    Sleep- Works v Command (Lamatha AR5000)- without GA, Unconscious
    Detect Alignment- Works v Know Alignment (Scroll), Works v Detect Evil (Scroll v. CTRL-Q recruited Tarnesh AR2300) - w/o GA, alignment shown/ detected

Note that this also seemed to work for this which is not listed in the GA description:
    Rigid Thinking- Works (Mulahey AR5405)- w/o GA, Rigid Thinked

Also:
    OBSERVED:
    Every effect thwarted by the GA nevertheless managed to get its status icon onto the intended victim's portrait. Also animation effects (like the glowing white circles around the pinkish orb over the head from Fear-type spells) persist despite the spell's failure.

EXPECTED:
    When the effect fails, keep status icon off portraits, block spell animations, and either prevent successful feedback into in the bottom text or replace it with a "failed" type message such as:
    Success:
    Tarnesh- Casts Horror: Nexlit the Blue Elf
    Nexlit the Blue Elf- Panic

Failure:
    Nexlit the Blue Elf- Spell [or Effect] Resisted

or

Nexlit the Blue Elf- Saved v Panic

or

Tarnesh- Target Resisted Effect

Carrion Crawler- Target Resisted [Saved v] Effect
    NOTES:
    Mind you, I repeated the encounters to make sure that failed effects weren't the result of a successful saving throw.

Also- I couldn't find anyone who could cast Sleep, and I can't let a character be Charmed who then could put up the GA block.

When using the Helm of Charm Protection, the Charmed icon doesn't show up on the portrait, but the sound of the status coming off the intended victim after the Charm timer is up does sound. So it's only the GA that fails to keep the icon off, but the audio effect of the spell continues regardless of the method of thwarting.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    edited July 2012
    GA Amulet Confirmed fixed for Sleep
    WIZARD_SLEEP and
    WIZARD_POWER_WORD_SLEEP

SURE_SLEEP still functions for cutscenes, the GA amulet does not protect against that.

Used a hotkey script to test:

IF
    HotKey(D)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_SLEEP)
    DisplayStringHead(Myself,14094) // Immunity to effect
    Wait(3)
    ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_POWER_WORD_SLEEP)
    DisplayStringHead(Myself,14094) // Immunity to effect
    END

IF
    HotKey(A)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    ApplySpell(Myself,SURE_SLEEP)
    DisplayStringHead(Myself,369)
    END