Skip to content

OpenAL32.dll error

CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
edited June 2019 in Troubleshooting
Hi folks, took a couple of weeks off from my BGEE game and when I tried to open to continue last night I got this error.

6t3tyrapd2zs.png

Can I fix this without reinstalling? I have hours of modwork in this game and I don't wanna start again.

Nothing has changed on my computer that I would think would have impacted BG installs.

Thanks, CT

Comments

• CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    Thanks for the save, that did it.

But - now my graphics are jacked up, i.e., all my npc mod installs, (Isra, Sirine and Valerie) have all lost their portraits and the game itself is not as sharp. No idea what I did.

Btw, their audio seems To be missing too. Any thoughts?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Sounds like you need to reinstall everything fully, because normally NPCs don't lose portraits and audio. OpenAL32.dll error also shows something happened with your install.
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    I think I went through and mistakenly 'uninstalled' some things necessary for the game. I was trying to clean up junk installs and improve computer performance. If I knew what the necessary video and audio installs were required, I think I could do it without jacking up the game. Everything else, equipment, experience of the NPCs is exactly how it's supposed to be but I can tell the graphics aren't as good.

Any ideas what I might try? Either way, thanks for your help. CT
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Well, since it's impossible for me to see what you have uninstalled, and what you have left, and in the same time there're issues with files missing, I'd recommend the complete reinstall.
  • afaafa Member Posts: 3
    I used the 'Restore' feature in the Beamdog client and it installed the .dll file for me. I had no data or mods to lose, however.