Skip to content

Thief skills in Heavy Armor with EE Keeper?

Decided to make a Fighter/Thief-Tank. Figured it'd be more convenient if my front line was scanning for and disarming traps. Alas I can only keep any eye out for and not disarm them. Any thing I can do with EE keeper to keep disarm/pick locks active?

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Think you'd have to go into Nearinfinity and alter the item file of whatever armor you're wearing to give it the trait that makes Elven Chainmail do its thing.
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    How hard is it to unequip your armour for two seconds to do it? There aren't that many traps! If you were trying to stealth all the time then it would be a pain, but not realistic anyway to stealth in plate. But traps should not be a chore.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    Another option is tweaks. You can establish pnp rules for armored thief skills. On balance, it's probably a nerf, because everything over leather applies a penalty to skills, with the penalties for the heaviest armors in the nineties
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    Easier way than EEkeeper is to use a mod to do it for you, It works for all savegames and new games. I think gibberlings tweaks antology, Atweaks and have´em, among others.