Skip to content

Weird AI hotkey

The E key in my BG2 game has a weird hotkey behaviour. Every time I press it a label is displayed on top of my summoned creatures that first says "AI active" and then "AI inactive". I've mapped my E key to Select All and I use it all the time, so this is quite annoying. I don't know if it has any actual effects in the game.

My key bindings setup correctly shows the E key mapped to Select All. I guess this might come from a mod, but a quick look didn't reveal this hotkey in the documentation of the mods I use. Just in case, anyway, my mods are Tweaks Anthology, SCS, Portraits everywhere, Lighting pack, Jimfix, EE UI Tweaks, Inferno. I reinstalled everything a few days ago (to upgrade to SCS v32, not to fix this), but it's still happening in this fresh installation.

Comments

• DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    That's SCS. You can change it by editing stratagems/stratagems.ini (replace hot_key_E=E with hot_key_E=[something else]) but you'll need to reinstall SCS.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Thank you, @DavidW. What does the E hot key do by default? I have considered the idea of writing a mod that toggles on and off the AI of summons, and from these "AI active/inactive" messages I guess that feature might already be a part of SCS. However, I couldn't find anything about this in the readme.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Am I the only one who thought this was about a hotkey for playing Weird Al Yankovic? I was actually looking forward to pressing alt-F8 and listening to "Eat It"...
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Your guess is correct: it turns summons’ AI off and on.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought this was about a hotkey for playing Weird Al Yankovic? I was actually looking forward to pressing alt-F8 and listening to "Eat It"...
    Am I the only one who got this? :D
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Well, since you're the OP, I'm glad you got it at least!