Skip to content

Neb's nasty cutter

Anybody know where you can sell this for a lot of money.?

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited June 2019
    Sell it to a merchant that you can steal it from, then steal it and repeat with all the available fences stealing it back. With high CHAR and rep it bring a lot of money.
  • arthur05arthur05 Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2019
    it sells for 300 gp to most of the merchants and if you look, they sell it back for 930 gp.

I tried the merchant in Trademeet. I tried a merchant in Waukeen's Promenade. I tried a blackmarket merchant Gorch.

oh, it just occurred to me, the merchant group in Imnesvale out at Umar Hills; they might give you a lot of money for it
    No.
    Now i am not at home so i can not look to some things, but in the game every item has a set base price, and the price a meechant sells and buy is that price with a multiplyer. The price he buy is always inferior to the base price, the one he sells always superior. The multiplyers are affected by the party reputation and by the CHAR of the party leader, the toon that is at the top position in the interface.
    Also a specific value of the merchant affects the multiplyers, but with very few exceptions that value is the same for all the merchants.
    If you want to get more money from the items you sell rise rep and char, there is little use in going from meechant to merchant, as in all the places you can access in chap 2 you will get the same amount of money if your rep and char are at a certain value. The meechants pay more for an item if they dont have it already in their inventory, so if you have to sell a mundane full plate is better to do it to a merchant that lacks of mundane ful plate, but for unique named items it is not an issue.
    edited June 2019
    The base value of that item should be something around 600 gp, and with optimal char and rep probably you can get somsthing like 500 gp, i am guessing as now i have not access to real data, but i should be not too far from tthe exact values.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Neb's Nasty Cutter sells as a charged item; the price to sell it is equal to the number of poison charges times the merchant's multiplier (usually 30). If you haven't used it, it will have 10 charges and thus sell for exactly 300 gold to all chapter 2 merchants (except those in the Red Wizard Enclave, who will give you a bit less for it). If you're selling it from inside a bag of holding, the price will be as if it had only one charge remaining - don't do this if you want a good price.

The price to buy it back depends on the merchant, your party leader's charisma, and your reputation.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    jmerry wrote: »
    If you're selling it from inside a bag of holding, the price will be as if it had only one charge remaining - don't do this if you want a good price.

WOAH. Is THIS why all of my wands have been selling for a pittance to merchants? Dang! I've missed out on a lot of money, it seems. :/