Skip to content

Why does my Fairy Dragon look like Abdel? :/

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    What mods do you use?
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    None really, just a minor one that I've had for a long while -a mod that lets you change the look of your robes to one of the 3 variations at will.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Watch out, he’ll be romancing Jaheira whilst Khalid’s still alive and Minsc will become a ginger haired lad
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Maybe someone in Beamdog likes the novels and this is their way of showing tribute to the author by including it in the new patches.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    so judging by your screen shot, you also have some sort of portrait mod as well, since imoen normally does not look like that, so whatever mod is doing that is probably doing the same thing to your familiar
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I don't think there's usually any picture at all in the familiar's dialogue box. I used to use a mod that put portraits in for all NPC's. I think it was either a Tweaks component or an NPC Project component. If I'm right that there's no familiar portrait by default, and you're using a portrait mod, it may be pulling the default human male portrait out and putting it there because there's no other portrait for it to use.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2019
    No clue. Probably some conflict with a mod.

066hj896tz4t.png

Ok this is weird, I've tried to recreate it by making new characters and testing the familiar but none of the recreations have the portrait, just the game I'm currently playing. I tried making the same character but still nothing, everything was normal. I even exported my character, made a new MP game, imported her and no Abdel portrait. I tried replacing the character in the main game with the export but the portrait remains, so my main mp game is bugged somehow but i have no idea why and cant seem to pin point it or recreate it.

Tis odd. :/
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    so judging by your screen shot, you also have some sort of portrait mod as well, since imoen normally does not look like that, so whatever mod is doing that is probably doing the same thing to your familiar

I don't have a portrait mod perse I just have some loose replacement bitmaps for certain NPCs in the override folder.