Skip to content

What kind of magic items are you hoping are added to BG:EE?

13»

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @Isair, demogorgon never appears at the first floor from what i know, i looked in many walkthroughs by the way and no mention to this helmet neither in any BG item list on internet, so unless i see a screenshot of it i will assume it to be an urban legend (and even if i see the screenshot, i will assume it to be a mod).
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    @kamuizin he appears on the first level during the tour and fireballs everybody. I just ran through durlags tower a couple weeks ago on an unmodded game. Didn't kill him, but he definitely appears on the first floor. For about 10 seconds.
  • IsairIsair Member Posts: 217
    edited October 2012
    @kamuizin Demonknight, not Demogorgon. I'd soil my undergarments if it was the Demogorgon. Take the tour offered at Ulgoths Beard.

He has it on him then & only then, how I got it in standard BG was - As soon as he shows up cast Otilukes resilient sphere on him, then attack him with your party fighters (unarmed) knock him unconscious & once the spell wears off hack him to bits.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited October 2012
    @Isair @kamuizin

Here's a thread that specifically discusses this. @AHF describes how he used the Wand of Paralyzation to stun the Demon Knight while he was on the 1st floor. Apparently, after he killed him, the helm was in the loot.

@Isair Now that's a creative strategy! I never knew you could do unarmed attacks on those who have an Otiluke's sphere cast upon them.
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    @Mortianna

Hmm my question wtf happens to the Demon Knight if you kill him right from the get go, does he show up again????
    edited October 2012
    ops i noticed now that i mistook demongorgon for demonknight, that was a mispelled word but everyone understand what i mean i hope.

No problem, i'm going to test this now, i will just make a new game and CLUAConsole this info, back in a while.

Edit: Ok i give you that @Isair, you're absolutely right, took a while cos BGT change the AR codes of the map so i had to get used with the new MoveToArea codes by testing them, but here we go:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Post edited by kamuizin on
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245

@Mortianna

Hmm my question wtf happens to the Demon Knight if you kill him right from the get go, does he show up again????

Surely this would be Biff's time to shine.
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    @salieri

That would be disappointing, I'd love to just kill him quick and skip he rest to be honest :P
    He's still at the bottom of the tower. haha no Biff the understudy.
    edited October 2012
    The dagger doesn't drop from him if you kill him on the first floor event, he drop only the "helmet of opposite alignment", an "Full plate mail+1" and a "large shield+1/+4 vs. missiles" if i'm not wrong. I already deleted the test save that i did.
    @kamuizin Makes me wonder if this will carry over to BG:EE. I'd rather find the helm earlier in the game so I can "use" it.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Mortianna said:

@Isair @kamuizin

Here's a thread that specifically discusses this. @AHF describes how he used the Wand of Paralyzation to stun the Demon Knight while he was on the 1st floor. Apparently, after he killed him, the helm was in the loot.

@Isair Now that's a creative strategy! I never knew you could do unarmed attacks on those who have an Otiluke's sphere cast upon them.

That's more like an exploit. The resilient sphere should protect the "victim" from any physical damage.
    There's an unmentioned Bhaal spawn ability that allows your PC & party to bypass magic spheres with their bare hands.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I'd like more belts and boots, and more items for evil party members in general. I'm planning out my Neutral Evil Assassin for BG:EE and am stunned by how feeble some of her accessory options are, let alone considering the rest of the party.
  • cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    It would be cool to see Staff of the Magi make a short appearance. It is overpowered even for ToB standards, so it might be something like the weapon you kill the Unseying Eye with, only allowed for use once and has to be discarded afterwards. Lightning/Fireball combinations alone make it a pure cheesemaker for BG1.

I just really like that weapon, shapes mages basically into the power they were supposed to be from the beginning.
  • Markus_ZhangMarkus_Zhang Member Posts: 13
    any sort of magical container would do
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660

any sort of magical container would do

"The magical Barrel of Holding! Holds a ton of junk without weight! But weighs as much on it's own as all the stuff you'd normall throw in it."
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    It'd be nice to see the magic items that they had coded that didn't end up in game (Helm of Opposite Alignment, Club +1, +3 Vs. Unnatural Creatures, etc.)

It'd be nice to see the magic items that they had coded that didn't end up in game (Helm of Opposite Alignment, Club +1, +3 Vs. Unnatural Creatures, etc.)

Helm of opposite alignment is in the game.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited October 2012
    stygga said:

Helm of opposite alignment is in the game.
    In Vanilla? Who has it? I'm talking BG not BG2

• RomulanPaladinRomulanPaladin Member Posts: 188
    Yep, containers. You know, I'd settle for a sack; doesn't reduce weight, just gives more inventory slots.

+1 and +2 versions of weapons and armors in shops.

Cursed Item: Bag of Devouring! For those who don't know, it looks just like a Bag of Holding but...

Wand like items that have a few charges / day instead of wands that expire for good.

Some kind of trinket that adds 1 charge to an item.

Potion that removes fatigue.

How about a container that you can summon 1/day?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Isair said:

There's an unmentioned Bhaal spawn ability that allows your PC & party to bypass magic spheres with their bare hands.

Apparently BG2 fixed this bug.

@hahacharade yes vanilla.. Kill the demon knight when he teleports in on the durlag's tower tour on the ground floor. It's mentioned in this thread already, with screenshots... you apparently didn't read it all lol.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    @dragonspear

with that staff of striking could you sell/buy back for restored charges? and when the charges are exhausted does it disappear?

i don't want a great deal of extra magical items, the ones in BG were treasured because of their rarity. Maybe some more spear and flail+1s and any weapon that doesn't have a unique +2, make one (and only one!).

TotSC already addressed a lot of missing items and weapons and I think there's enough already. probably just need some monk/barbarian/blackguard stuff

Cursed Item: Bag of Devouring! For those who don't know, it looks just like a Bag of Holding but...

Great idea! For the uninitiated (that is, those who use unknown items before identifying them), this could be the worst cursed item in the game. I can imagine the horror (and rage) after putting all your potions, scrolls, armor, etc. in the bag, quick-saving and master-saving the game, and then find out later it's gone forever.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Magical Katanas, Wakizashis and Ninja-to's.
  • RomulanPaladinRomulanPaladin Member Posts: 188
    LadyRhian said:

Magical Katanas, Wakizashis and Ninja-to's.

I think they say in the features list somewhere that they've added stuff to round out class options. I kinda assumed that meant adding BG2 weapons along with other things. I expect they have you covered there.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @mjs

In the ToB engine if an item has charges then if you sell it to a shop keeper you can buy it back at full charges.