Skip to content

What kind of magic items are you hoping are added to BG:EE?

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
What kind of items do you want to find in The Black Pits? Or one of the other new areas? Anything you're hoping is added that you think would rock equipped on a certain character?

(I looked for a similar topic - may be out there somewhere and if so I apologize for reposting).

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Magical flails, maces and morning stars
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    I'd love to see more unique weapons for specific classes/kits with lots of awesome lore and history. Not picky about which weapon or for which class though.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    A girdle might be nice too
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Ecthelion said:

A personal miniature giant space hamster. No more, no less.

Hmm, or a giant miniature black bear! (That's the size of a regular black bear, of course.)
    Now that's a fun companion to cuddle with.
  • griffianogriffiano Member Posts: 26
    I felt that BG had a real lack of Maces and magical boots don't know what others think
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Boots, amulets, girdles and a magical staff for mages (apart from giving +dmg/thac0, which doesn't really matter for a mage anyway...)
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    Some spiked glove +2 or any other monk weapon :)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I'd like to see martial items added, which were neglected in BG2, or any other neglected items.
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    Maces, flails, Scimitars(if you don't kill poor Mr.Drizzit,) katanas, good staffs for mages, more than one good bow, better crossbows..and the list goes on >.>
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    A book of temptation, that permanently increases your intelligence, but permanently curses you and/or changes your alignment as well. Also, you cant judge a book by its cover. So all the permastat boosting book will be randomised and unidentifiable.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited October 2012
    Maybe they could find and use some of the magic weapons put forward here...

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4060/lets-talk-weapons-as-this-is-an-enhanced-edition-we-need-enhanced-weapons

:P
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Magical clubs, a +4 or +5 mace, a +5 katana (for ToB or end of SoA), more ninja-to's and wakizakis, monk robes, more different effect weapon items.

Dimension door spell for Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 changed to act as an towns portal if possible (make 2 options when cast, similar to spell immunity, so you choose to mark a checkpoint or teleport to that checkpoint) we can do it by work the pocketplane in ToB but until then it's kinda impossible.

More good/neutral/evil only weapons are in order to, also chaotic/lawful weapons too.

An auction house could be made to adquire items, with random offers in that house.

Trade 2 (or more items) for specific new items could increase the interest in keep some old items.

Off Topic: taking the fact of the absurd amount of gold that the party finish the game, some mercenary gropus could be hired to help the party in the more problematic quests, by the way BG could benefit from an increase in the difficult on the core rules, the game is kinda easy past level 3 or 4.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Anduin said:
    LOL I was searching on items
  • KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    kamuizin said:

Magical clubs, a +4 or +5 mace, a +5 katana (for ToB or end of SoA), more ninja-to's and wakizakis, monk robes, more different effect weapon items.

There is already a +5 mace (the Storm Star), but it would be nice if there was a +5 Katana... maybe giving the ability to upgrade the Celestial Fury.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    The +4 katana from ToB is only get at the end of the game, that's pretty unjust.

Ps: the use of a katana and wakizaki togheter in dual wield should give a bonus, as both weapons are meant to be used togheter, but first we need magical wakizakis, cos there's none in Baldur's Gate.
  • _N8__N8_ Member Posts: 77
    Dragon Scale Armor. Time to hunt some dragons!
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    In BG, some elven chainmail would be nice. It lets casters cast while wearing armor and not using bracers that can be better occupied with other things.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @jhart1018

Someone brought this up in the AMAA and within 30 minutes @TrentOster had @PhillipDaigel add some to BG1. There was much rejoicing!
  • KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    As for what I want to see added (to BG1), my #1 choice would be some infinite ammo quivers.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    @Dragonspear Even more rejoicing!! Yay!! :D
  • Lord_GayLord_Gay Member Posts: 94
    Aside from evening out the gaps in absent plus items (weapons, armor), I'd like more items for druids and bards.
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    @Lord_Gay

I'd love more class specific items, some Paladin Gear, Bard Gear, Druid Gear, Ranger Gear, Cleric Gear, etc

Not all weapons either....

I'd also love some new Boots (So limited with this, think there is like 6-7 different boots between both games) Some new Gloves, Bracers, Belts, Cloaks, Robes, Rings, Amulets, Rods (So few true Rods), Wands, Wondrous Items (Very few of these to), Potions, etc.....

I love variety as you can probably guess......
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I'd like if they added in a bunch of magic items that spawn in randomly, as we've seen in other games. However, there's a caveat: Include a store or shop somewhere where you can buy the stuff that didn't spawn in randomly. I wouldn't even rule out having to trade in a magic item to buy a magic ite of this sort. It's his shop, his rules, right?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Darn it! Just put magic items everywhere! Not picky... JUST GIVE ME MORE! NOOOOOWWWW!

*cough*

I would like a magic belt, with matching gloves, boots, amulet and cloak. When all worn together, they give a bonus. Please. Not sure if the infini engine can do this thoough...
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Weapons that the original game forgot:

- Clubs
    - Spears
    - Halberds

Improved quarterstaves, slings, and spiked weapons would be nice, too. IIRC, they don't go beyond a generic +1 version in vanilla BG.
  • MikeMastersMikeMasters Member Posts: 141
    Rapture of the Father scroll
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Brude

There is a Quarterstaff +3 (Staff of Striking I think) that you can buy in Ulgoth's Beard. Also there is the Staff Mace +2 that you can buy (which uses the quarterstaff proficiency but is only 1h).

Btw the staff of striking has 100 charges so its not a bad buy.