Skip to content

Video: Cleric/Thief Solo No Reload Poverty Run

girbogirbo Member Posts: 1
I was thinking about making a walkthrough but I just made a video instead. I don't have a great computer so sorry for the quality.

This isn't a perfect run, I do make a few mistakes although all the strategies I use do work pretty consistently. I was on auto-pilot while recording this.

I take a Gnome Cleric/Thief through BG1 without using any equipment besides the starting quarterstaff and taking no reloads.

It might sound like a crazy concept but it is is really not that hard. It is just game knowledge, there are no difficult tricks. It just takes a lot of time to learn all the dangerous crap that can kill you. I forgot to add: the difficulty was Core Rules with Max HP.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to showcase the Cleric/Thief in general, which is a very underrated class and one of my favourites. If you are interested in a no reload poverty run, Cleric/Thief and Sorcerer are your two best bets if you are taking it through the whole trilogy.

If there is any interest I may make videos for other parts of the trilogy with the same type of run.
[Deleted User]HarpagornisJuliusBorisovRAM021

Comments

• EconomicsEconomics Member Posts: 13
    i watched almost an hour, this was pretty good
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    Yeah, Cleric/Thief is a real fun char! Too bad its not strong enough later on at least when using LoB + SCS. Shadowdancer dual classed into Thief pushed me to the Crusader Attacks in SoD once but there he got stomped heavily. Totemic Druids or Avengers are both good choices for this challenge too even better than a Sorcerer as Belhifet is a very nasty mage stomper... :D
    JuliusBorisov