Skip to content

Xzar and Montaron's quest

Okay, I'm new to this game.

I have read on another discussion that if I don't complete their quest before the time limit they would disappear forever.

My question is if I didn't talk to them until I found Nashkel then return to their place at the first map would I found them their.

Also if I kicked a party member can I let them join again, and if I can where would I find them ?

Comments

• ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    edited June 2019
    If you never talk to them, I'm pretty sure they'll just hang out. And if you kick them out, they'll just stay wherever you left them, and I believe the quest timer will pause.. You can pick them back up so long as you haven't gotten too high a reputation.

But yes, if they leave of their accord, either due to quest timer or rep going too high, they are gone forever as far as BG1 is concerned.

Edit: spelling
    JuliusBorisovSHaFTRAM021
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    IIRC they, along with Jaheira and Khalid, disappear from their default locations after Nashkel mines cleared (i.e. chapter 3) if you never spoke to them. If you add them to your party and remove them again that does not happen.
    DreadKhanElysianEchoesSHaFT
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Thanks for the correction, @Very_BigSword
    DreadKhanSHaFT
  • Toot83Toot83 Member Posts: 20
    IIRC they, along with Jaheira and Khalid, disappear from their default locations after Nashkel mines cleared (i.e. chapter 3) if you never spoke to them. If you add them to your party and remove them again that does not happen.

Actually they do disappear if you add them to the party, remove them, and then clear the mines without them. Or at least that has happened with Khalid & Jaheira in every playthrough I've played and just stripped them from their belongings in FAI. (Haven't tested with Xzar & Montaron, so I just assume they work the same way as their non-evil counterparts). The quest is to bring them to Nashkel town (can't remember if you have to talk to the mayor to complete the quest), and if that hasn't happened before chapter 3, they're gone.

Funny detail, in original BG (or maybe TUTU) there was a slight bug, where if you took all gear from K&J, then proceeded to Naskel to start chapter 2 and returned to FAI, Khalid had his equipment back for you to get another healing potion & scale mail... :smiley:
    SHaFTRAM021
  • SHaFTSHaFT Member Posts: 2
    Okay thanks for your help, I will go and try it now.