Skip to content

Alternate Female Warrior paperdoll?

I remember playing the original IWD as a kid, and I could've sworn Human Female Warriors had the cheesy "chainmail bikini" look instead of the armored tunic look from BG and IWD2. Was this changed in EE, or am I completely misremembering?

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    IWD:EE, like all the Enhanced Editions, is based on the BG2:ToB engine... so I think it makes sense that it would use the BG2 paperdolls.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited July 2019
    Paperdoll is the immobile doll like feature that you put armor and weapons on, in the inventory screen. Iwd:ee uses 1pp paperdolls, which are touched up bg1 paperdolls. Original Bg2 paperdolls are considered ugly by many. (Though I like them better) So enhanced editions exclusively use bg1 style 1pp paperdolls.

Avatar is the moving character figure seen in the main game screen, that is different. Iwd:ee uses bg2 avatars, again enhanced by 1pp mod for small nuances, mostly with hooded thief/bard avatars and fixes.

In original bg1 and iwd1 (without expansions) in-game avatars used the bg1 look. Fighter avatars were quite different, male fighters had an open shirt and females had bikini like spandex armor and garments. But they are also more primitive, and support less animation frames, looking less fluid in action.

There's infinity animations mod that ports bg1 avatar animations back into game, but I don't know if it works with iwd:ee. It is also problematic that old bg1 animations do not support dual wielding at all. (which crashes the game if tried)