Skip to content

Which of these helmets is better for an archer?

1.) What is a better helmet, one that gives +1 to Saving Throws +20% cold/fire/electrical resistance + protects against critical hits. Or 2.) A helmet that gives +1 THAC0 and +10% Hitpoints? The character in question is an Archer (ranger) class.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Archers have plenty of innate THAC0 while Saving Throws can mean the difference between life and death. Go for the Saving Throws.
    2088432gorgonzolailduderinololien
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    AionZ wrote: »
    Archers have plenty of innate THAC0 while Saving Throws can mean the difference between life and death. Go for the Saving Throws.

Thank you :)
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    i would say that unless the archer is soloing he wil not be hit much, both by physical and magical damage, so as long as he has somenting on his head, even an old rusty pan, he is set to go.
    it is much more important what the frontliners and tanks will use as the bulk of the damage and spells will hit their heads.
    from that point of view the best use of both the helmets is by the frontliners and the archer can take what else is left, ideally giving the helm that grants better st to someone lacking good st and the one that rises hp to someone with sub optimal con.

I know the archer hangs in the back but this new helmet option would have only benefited him.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    I would also go with the saving throws for the reasons already given. The resistances are also helpful. If they are not on the front line then they are mainly at risk from spells, other area of effect attacks and traps (if the scout) - it is annoying being chased around the screen by an archer that has been charmed
    gorgonzolalolien