Skip to content

Gorion ward as a shorty

I am sorry to come back to this old and often-discussed question, but on my last playthrough, I suddenly realized that some dialogs point to the possibility of Gorion's ward being a shorty:
- The famous line of Imoen about ÿou grew fast", with the key-word "relatively" which could mean that indeed Gorion's ward grew but is still short
- One of the sentence of Tarnesh, when he speaks about the size of Gorion's ward, which fits what he was told. If he stressed the size, this may mean that it is peculiar - or small or big.

So I think this could leave open the possibility of Gorion's ward being a shorty. And of course, due to the age problem, the only real possibility is a Halfling.

What do you think ?

In fact, it seems to me that those sentences were placed intentionally to allow for the possibility of a shorty, but are fuzzy enough to leave open all the other possibilities. At the end of the day, what is important is the role playing of the character. I personally love playing Halfling female, even if I am a pretty tall man. A psychoanalyst would love this btw...
ThacoBelllunarAerakar

Comments

• AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    I think there's a line from Teos in BG2 Planar Sphere stronghold quest where he says, "I thought you would be taller." Unfortunately halflings can't be mages or get the Planar Sphere stronghold in an unmodded game.
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    It would be good to have a Halfling mage, or at least a Bard. I have never used mode to be honest, and am a bit afraid of doing so ...
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I never understood the malignment of the halflings. Also, if you do play as a halfling, things are going to be awkward in a certain section of the planar sphere. In fact, wait... aren't a couple of those mages?
    PsicoVic
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited July 2019
    Yeah there are a few instances of such dialogue that may or may not mean the pc can be a shorter race. Nothing concrete though, I think the devs made it vague enough to cater to all options and sizes.

Wish there was more reactivity to the race of the player in dialogues, do halflings in Gullykin have a special dialogue if the pc is a halfling? I think the elves in Suldenesselar (priestess Denim?) may have different dialogue if you are an elf, because some say 'you are not an elf, you may not understand' when asked about Irenicus. Never played a full blooded elf, though.
    Maurvir wrote: »
    I never understood the malignment of the halflings. Also, if you do play as a halfling, things are going to be awkward in a certain section of the planar sphere. In fact, wait... aren't a couple of those mages?

Those halflings found in the Planar Sphere are from another world (the world of Athas, from the Darksun setting) and are a different race alltogether. They are evil, vile and cannibalistic. Not much like halflings from Fearun except their size.
    ThacoBellAerakar
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Rigel wrote: »
    It would be good to have a Halfling mage, or at least a Bard. I have never used mode to be honest, and am a bit afraid of doing so ...

Olive Ruskettle agrees

Aerakar
  • NuinNuin Member Posts: 451
    Halflings have nicer-looking avatars, I'll give you that. This is relevant because you'll probably be looking at your in-game avatar for hours on end, some days - obviously you'll want to be looking at something that (at least in your perspective) looks nice.

The only other avatars I particularly like are human mage, elf cleric (in chainmail) and of course shadowthief ninja (or whatever that avatar that sprints like an anime character is called).
    Aerakar
  • HeartseekerHeartseeker Member Posts: 3
    Halflings in this game remind me of gnomes in WoW too much. Both are very puntable. Elf for me mostly, but I do also like the human pally.
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    @lunar No there is no specific dialogue in Gullykin. Generally, this area is a bit underdeveloped. I would have loved for example a shop and other interactions with the inhabitants... even if the priest lines are pretty funny. If one day I develop modes, I would try to do one centered around Gullykin (the village is beautifully rendered).
    ThacoBellAerakar