Skip to content

Help! Can't finish Aldeth's Quest

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
This has happened to me in one previous game and I eventually decided simply to abandon the quest. I did so this time as well but I would really like to come up and finish the quest.

Basically what happened is that I killed all the Dopplegangers but Aldeth and his friend still insist that there are more. I doublechecked a grand total of 12 times to confirm that there are no more dopplegangers in the building.

I'm not allowed to load a previous save as I'm currently doing a No-Reload Run.

Any advice?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Please zip and attach a save for investigation and help.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2019
    This is probably the buggiest quest in the entire game. You have two options:

1) Use the console. C:SetGlobal("AldethDopple","GLOBAL",16) - 16 because there are 16 dopplegangers in total that need to be killed.

2) Complete the quest by giving the documents directly to Aldeth so all the doppelgangers are led up to the top floor so you can kill them all at once. If it doesn't work, reload and try again (if you do no-reload then just pray you're lucky and nothing goes wrong). Sometimes it just fails for no apparent reason.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @JuliusBorisov
    Sure no problem. Did it work?

@AionZ
    No can do friend, I already talked to Aldeth's friend and did this the long way.