Skip to content

Warming to the notion of TB for BG3, although satisfying single player experience remains a must

13»

Comments

• kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Skatan wrote: »
    Arcanis wrote: »
    Active people are a small minority and people who are against something are usually more active than people who think something is passable.

This.

It's not advisable to draw conclusions based on what you see in the forums for the obvious reason that we humans are hardwired to express our opinions loudly when we are displeased, but much more rarely so when we are content or happy. On average. I have no idea what portion of gamers are even on forums; 1%? 10%? And if some of those post open displeasure of a feature, of course the company should listen to that feedback and contemplate it, but it doesn't mean they should change their vision and decisions based on that.

Absolutely. I totally agree with this, and have posted often in the past about exactly this with respect to views expressed in this forum being completely unrepresentative. And I am certain forumites account for a fraction of 1% of the total people playing the game(s) made by a forum's studio.

But this cuts both ways. You cannot apply the unrepresentativeness standard to only one issue while ignoring it on other issues.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    kanisatha wrote: »

But this cuts both ways. You cannot apply the unrepresentativeness standard to only one issue while ignoring it on other issues.

I've read the sentence 5 times, and perhaps it's because English is not my native language, but I really don't understand what this means. Care to elaborate?

I've read the sentence 5 times, and perhaps it's because English is not my native language, but I really don't understand what this means. Care to elaborate?

Maybe that's because it wasn't aimed at your observation. :) Rather, it's a general point I'm making, which is that expecting/claiming the majority pov on this forum (on any given issue) is representative of a majority of fans is standard fare on this forum going back many years.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

Maybe that's because it wasn't aimed at your observation. :) Rather, it's a general point I'm making, which is that expecting/claiming the majority pov on this forum (on any given issue) is representative of a majority of fans is standard fare on this forum going back many years.

Thank you for the clarification.

Thank you for the clarification.

No problem. Sorry about my unclear wording. And thank you for not just jumping to a conclusion and instead asking for clarification. Very decent of you.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    I'm only midway through DOS, but something that I'm not enjoying at all is the lack of a pause. Yeah, it's combat is turn based and I don't really need a pause there, but there are plenty of situations outside of combat where I might want the game to pause.

One of my characters gets hit with a damage over time spell, for instance, and when combat ends they're suddenly taking damage faster than I can manually heal them.

My character that can talk to animals wants to talk to an animal, but it keeps moving and I can't target it.

I need to quickly put out a fire, but I need to find a bucket and fill it with water...

I don't mind turn based combat, but I hope that the devs shed their hatred of a pause outside of combat.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    @Jidokwon
    At one point I agree with you.
    On the other side, the lack of pause can be annoying when you need to go to the toilett or get a phone call.. but maybe I'm just overly paranoid that I miss something without pause.. ^^'