Hello, I am Lilly and playing for the first time a mage in BG:EE, on IPAD with no mod, no EEkeper, no money, no console and I am unhappy with the team I selected. Usually I love to play BG1 with Ajantis, Coran, Kivan, Yeslick, Garrick, etc on PC. But I wanted to have a go with Dorn and Viconia.
My team is made of ( see below) my mage, Imoen pure thief, Jaheira F/D, Viconia Cleric, Garrick Bard, and Dorn blackguard.
I noticed a bit late ( coming out from the mines of Nashkel, in the Valley of the Tomb) that
- Dorn is the only team member with a good STR
- Dorn is the only team member proficient in slashing weapon, and that thus none is proficient in
- large swords easily available around Naskhel mines (vascona +2, Harrower+1),
- large bows ( a good bow to grab early in the bandit camp that usually goes to Kivan)
- To summarise it : I lack experience with evil teams and haven’t really played Baldur since the early 2000’s or without the console. Due to health problems, the IPad is atm the best hardware for me.
- I have the impression that I was looking for a change in gameplay with one part of me saying go for it and the other side saying no, don’t. At the end Something that should be fun is missing. My team is nor good nor evil, nor melee nor ranged.
Q. Should I replace Jaheira (can heal and bless, will cure, slow poison, cast insects in mage Fights) or keep her and equip her with the dagger of venom and a good shield once I can afford them.
Q. Do I need a second melee ? At the moment my range dps is really low (range weapon+O and normal ammunition) but no money to buy for instance the Army Scythe for Garrick, a better sling or a short bow+1. I rely on loot mostly to equip the team and on charm, blind, injunction to win major fights. The overall dps is low.
Q. Who should I recrut ? Khalid (left in a house), Kagain, Shar-teel, or should I go for Kivan. I am starting chapter 4, team is level 3-4 and I have not cleaned the maps around the main quest, yet.
Kivan (makes usually 40% of my overall dps in good teams with a long bow)
Long Bow ++
Two Weapon Skill ++
Long Sword +
Two Weapon Skill ++
Q. Who should get the Bracer Dex 18 from the Gnoll hold ? Dorn to low AC or Garrick to raise dps ( no wand affordable atm. )
Q. Jaheira best candidate for a STR item ? Or Viconia + warhammer or axe. I cannot remember but I think there is a STR item to pickpocket ( with Garrick) on a NPC on the Map outside of Ulgoth’s Beard. Edit the item that you can pickpocket is a ring of free action. The bracers of Ogre strength are in the city of Baldur ( Dock area - ship - on a mage to kill)
At the moment the situation is as follows:
Dorn STR 19 Dex 16 Main tank, main mêlée, plate mail AC3
Two-Handed Sword ++ (Rancor+1)
Two-Handed Weapon Skill ++
Added Bastard sword + ( future Albruin+1, immunity to poison)
? Long sword ?
Jaheira F/D STR 14 DEX 17 with a free Ankheg plate mail found in a field in Nashkel
Quarter Staff + , with a quaterstaff+1 slotted (sold in Beregost)
Sling ++ DEX 17, range dps slinging normal bullets
Imoen Thief STR 9, native Dex 18
Short Sword +, a Short sword +1 (loot)
Short Bow +, a normal short bow slotted, range Dps
Viconia Cleric STR 10, native Dex 19, awaiting an Ankheg mail once I can afford it
Mace +, the Stupefier +1, +stun slotted
Sling + sling+1 from a shop, for ranged dps
Fast leveling : she is level 4 while the rest of the team is behind
Q. What proficiency for her ( STR 10), she is not a fighter/cleric like Yeslick.
Garrick Bard STR 14 DEX16 CON 9
Short Sword +, a Short sword+1 (loot)
Crossbow +. Ranged dps with his original crossbow +0
Added Dagger +