Skip to content

Cloakwood Mine Problem

fomniafomnia Member Posts: 4
I just finished flooding the Cloakwood Mine and the quest description in my log for Important Events says "...It sees that it is time to visit the nearby city of Baldur's Gate."

Cannot access to the bridge to Baldur's Gate. Seems like after I killed bad guy in the mine and flooding mine, a trigger for next chapter didn't activate.

I tired fixed somehow in console (in the game) but i don't know why I cannot open console in the game...

Google shows me that its kind of old problem. As of 2019, this issue still remains....

Comments

• ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    Have you been approached by the freed slave after flooding the mine to get your reward?
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar1800b.htm
  • fomniafomnia Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2019
    Have you been approached by the freed slave after flooding the mine to get your reward?
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar1800b.htm

Yes, and got 2000 exp.

bzzzrblv4vt8.png
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    If you upload your save file I will take a look at it and see if I can fix the problem.
    I hope its correct files
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    It looks to me like everything is working correctly in your save. The issue is that the bridge area does not automatically become available for travel once you flood the Cloakwood mine. Just like any other area in the game, you need add it by traveling to the edge of other areas and clicking on the edge of maps to be able to go there.

So first get back to the Friendly Arm Inn, then head to the area north of there. Then head to the area north of that area and you should be able to reach the bridge.
    loc4z2bi1qb6.png
    uxhr4yc4dwp1.png

Oh I see... Now I feel so bad for my stupid question, cuz i tried achieve the gate (also from Arm Inn too) but somehow couldn't. Now I tried and it works. Thanks a lot.

I googled the problem before asking here, and found that someone had same problem and they fixed it in console.