Skip to content

Story mode in BGEE doesn't let you knock-out NPC's?

PlakePlake Member Posts: 5
Hi there, playing BGEE on steam and android and currently trying to get the achievements for solo-run and story mode in one go. Picked an F/M/T half-elf and am trying to get to the content of the locked chest on the second floor of the candlekeep inn with that npc in front of it.
In a normal game I knock him out and loot the chest, but on story mode, even without any weapon equipped, one hit with my fists knocks him out, but he I immediately also gets poison damage and dies, dropping my rep to 4...

Since both settings (solo & story mode) are (imo) the worst ways to play BG, esp. in a combo, I want to get rid of both in one playthrough.
Do I have to miss out on all the loot in locked chests "guarded" by npc's?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    In Story Mode attacks get bonus acid damage, I’m assuming this is to deal with trolls.

The good thing about Story Mode as opposed to Legacy of Bhaal is that you can turn it off in the options.
  • PlakePlake Member Posts: 5
    Aaaah, so only at the moment I want to finish the game do I need to activate it and still get the achievement? That'd be great...!
  • PlakePlake Member Posts: 5
    Did anybody actually do this successfully already? I don't wanna force myself through this to find out it doesn't work like that.... >.>