Skip to content

Less-Hostile Wolves - Thank you Beamdog

Thank you for making wolf behavior be more in line with real life. Wolves get a bad rap in RPGs and media in general, so this is a very welcome change.

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    and bears arnt attacking me just because i looked at them funny anymore in sod.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I noticed that too, although I was actually unsure if it was a change in their AI, or maybe they're just more cautious around high-level characters (not that the animals would actually know the difference anyway XD), because I noticed that as I gained levels in BG1, Black Bears and eventually Brown Bears would stop turning hostile even if I stood right next to them for a good while.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Bears don't turn hostile when you go near them if they see a party member who's a druid or a ranger. It doesn't have to do with your level.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Aha, that makes sense! Now I understand why sometimes Bears still go hostile in BG2 too... It's because I gave Jaheira the Boots of Speed, and thus she sometimes zooms ahead of the party as they lag behind and once the bear can't see Jaheira anymore... XD
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @OlvynChuru so why do they try to murder my ranger in every one of my games?
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Arthas wrote: »
    @OlvynChuru so why do they try to murder my ranger in every one of my games?

He forgot to bring a bag of Scooby snacks?