Skip to content

I made it through Helm's Hold.

Is this Yochlol meant for higher game difficulties in the headquarter of the demons? I am not sure, but one of the devils vanishes too.

Does Haer'Dalis have a line, when Aegareth mentions Lord Rowan?

My monkish PC was cursed with slow. And won a scroll. I read here, that this is a backdoor of the engine. But what I am wondering about, is: why does this curse simply fades away? Is this a benefit of the monk-class? Or is this curse not so cursey?

I was surprised, when Aesgareth starts an attack, because I did not play with him for his scimitar, and won the gem to advance to Lum's machine. Is this a fixed behavior like the loose, when You gonna play for the third time with him - like I always do (Check the Bodies made this obsolet)? My PC ends up with the same curse in both scenarios.

Why is an anti-paladin-sword only useable by good aligned paladins?

Where do I find Lum's note about an item, his machine has to offer? It is not the first time, I missed that one note.

My party spent a time with a prince in the basement. I made some mistakes, so Minsc and Wilson ended up level-drained, after the prince decided to go home for a little rest. What I am wondering about, is, that both buddies regain their levels without any restoration spells. Is this Helm's healing grace or something else?

Wilson's regeneration does not match the description and he has 25 strenght at level 39. What is wrong here?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Clubboth wrote: »
    Why is an anti-paladin-sword only useable by good aligned paladins?

It's not usable by good-aligned paladins. It's only usable by evil paladins, like blackguards.
  • ClubbothClubboth Member Posts: 60
    OlvynChuru, You are right, but this is my ingame description:
    s0nrkek2jscb.png

I do not belive, that this is only in the german version the case.

String 74252 means: Only useable by.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    edited July 2019
    Perhaps the in-game description is just wrong. The standard for Baldur's Gate item descriptions is to give the classes that can't use an item rather than those that can, so possibly someone got confused about that. An alternative explanation is that it is deliberate that any type of paladin can use it - but only if they are evil. If their alignment has changed as a result of the Hell Trials for instance it could make game sense that fallen paladins become able to use this sword (they could no longer use Carsomyr).
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    IIRC, the english text says that only Blackguards can use it. Its probably an error in the translation.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    That was my first thought as well. However, when I checked the English text is the same as the German translation.
    sf5f07mdybwr.jpg
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2019
    It says it is only usable by chaotic evil, neutral evil or lawful evil with the further restriction that they must be
    paladins, which would be a blackguard and potentially a paladin that changes alignment at the end of SoA
  • ClubbothClubboth Member Posts: 60
    Thanks, folks! This makes sense. I was thinking the old way, when a fallen paladin simply became a crippled fighter. This sword is EE-content, I think.