Skip to content

You ever tried to stealth with Minsc?

Apparently he has a special voiceline for that. "None shall see me, though my battlecry may give me away."

I always keep him in the heavy plate so I never knew!
JuliusBorisovAndreaColombo

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    I've occasionally used his stealth in BG2. If he's in my party, he's the choice to sneak past the umber hulks in de'Arnise Keep and deliver the stew. Of course, he still wears the heavy armor most of the time, only taking it off for special occasions.

The line does get annoying if repeated - which it will be, a lot.
    ChroniclerThacoBell
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2019
    Depending on the rest of the party, I often do so the thieves can focus on other skills. I often use a combo of stealth and berserk to take out the sirine’s and get by the golems on the buried treasure map, it is a handy tool throughout and I enjoy that line ?
    lolienChroniclerThacoBell
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    I've used Kivan's stealth quite a bit. Never Minsc though. That just seems so wrong.
    ChroniclerZaxaresAndreaColombo
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I'm with Pingwin; I've never had Minsc stealth, ever. XD I know he can do it, but why would he??
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    The problem is he'll be wandering around in leather armour shouting "Full plate and packing steel".
    BelgarathMTH
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    Pingwin wrote: »
    The problem is he'll be wandering around in leather armour shouting "Full plate and packing steel".

I always suspected that he never meant his worn armour, but a full plate of food and ... other devices.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    That’s how I’ve always used Minsc - wearing heavy armour but ready to strip off for sneaking, which happens a lot. It’s weird but there we go - it works.
    Chronicler
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I've used Minsc's stealth, but not very much. I usually have a more versatile scout kicking around, and would prefer him to wear heavy armour in any major battle. I might have had him sneak up on vampires and swat them with a mace of disruption though.
    Chronicler
  • VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
    edited July 2019
    I believe I used him in such a role in one walkthrough, and even then only on a handful of occasions. He's just not the type, even though his class validates the approach just as much as any other stealthy character.

Funny, though, 'cause if my protagonist is a stealthy class, I use him/her for that all the friggin' time.
    Post edited by Verticor on
    Chronicler
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    actually there is a time where stealth is quite useful for this guy, although RP wise it makes absolutely no sense:

every time i play bg1 i play gold piece runs, because for whatever reason, that is the only motivator that makes me play bg1, so with minsc on the team, thanks to his amazing STR he can steal armors and heavy items from "guard spawning" containers and still be able to movie without getting encumbered

this is especially useful if you have the boots of stealth from the hobgooblin south of beregost, then go to the naskiel fair ( sometimes with the gauntlets of dexterity ) and then go into the one tent north of branwen's position and steal all the cewl ( and by cool i just mean mundane stuff ) weapons and armor in that tent, there is quite a bit of weight on those tables, and minsc is perfect for taking said items and being able to move afterwards all while being hidden from the smelly guards
    ChroniclerGusinda