Skip to content

EET- Kagain

KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
Ok, dumb question, but in EET, just after SOD starts, is there a way to keep Kagain or leave him in the crypt to pick him up later? If not, do I need to drop him off before the final Sarevok battle to go back and pick up?

Comments

• nysinysi Member Posts: 60
    Hum. You can use the console to summon the creature, but I doubt you will have "your" kagain with gear, level etc..

Or you can :
    - While in BGEE use Shadowkeeper, edit your save and make Kagain exportable
    - In game, export Kagain character
    - Then start WOD campaign
    - Transform your save into a multiplayer save (Moving your save file into mpsave folder)
    - Load the multiplayer save, edit the party and import Kagain character
    - Do not choose a soundset (Or you will lose Kagain soundset)
    - Transform your multiplayer save into a normal save if you want

You will have your kagain with you, but he will not have any banter or interjection.

I haven't done that since a long time, so it may no longer work.

Another solution could be to export Kagain, then convert its CHR file into a cre using DTLCEP and creature with the console. Then CTRL+Q it to force him into the party.
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    If the whole purpose of EET is continuity, this seems to me to be a critical oversight. If I dismiss Kagain and send him to the FAI, I should be able to go back to the FAI to pick him up. It makes no sense to me why, if you can go back to the old locations in the game, that the characters that don't impact the plot advancement aren't still where they were left - I'd think a lot of folks would like this with Shar-Teel as an example. That was the whole reason i loaded EET...just to not be able to do what I would think would have been the default, sadly.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Canon game story behavior of these NPCs is to leave after BG1/SoD, so that's what EET provides.
    Having them there after BGII started would be content that needs to be provider by a mod.
    I do see what you mean, bit it's not EET's fault it offers the originals game content, so to say.
    From a modder's perspective, having the NPC's remain in an SoD area to be able to rejoin later in BGII is a bit more complex than just letting them remain where they are due to how the scripts and dialogues are handled depending on which game it is ( BG1/SoD/BGII).
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    Completely agree on adding them to SOD areas...would be a problem. But the harm in leaving them in old areas seemed pretty minimal. It would be a great add on, especially since it appeared to remove the characters that were there.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    I meant the player leaving them and they still being there - and functional - in BGII is a bit more complex than just removing the one script block that makes them leave.

I understand that it would broaden the continuity of EET, though.
    Problem in detail is not only the scripting to make them actually work in BGII, but also the need to add new adjusted dialogues to make them recognize the new situation in BGII.

It's a task for a real mod, and it is mod content because the NPCs do not have original content in BGII.