Skip to content

Half-Ogres Near Beregost Fix?

Is there any way to fix this quest if it becomes bugged or should I just ignore the quest? I killed all the half-ogres and have scoured the entire map with no enemies left, but Bjornin just keeps asking me if I've dealt with them yet.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    did you kill all 4?
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    There is a big group of ogres, ogrillons, and half ogres in the area with some sirens, and a crazy gnome, and a surgeon. I thought they were what I needed for that quest, but they aren't. Perhaps you thought the same thing?
    the area in which the 4 half ogre you need to kill to complete bjornin's quest is the in the same are where you encounter Drizzt

so if you didn't see him you weren't in the right area
  • KoningkrushKoningkrush Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, the Fisherman's Lake right? I went there, helped Drizzt. I then explored the entire map and killed all enemies I found. I did encounter some half-ogres and killed them, but I don't remember if there were 4 or not.
    I do remember using Cleric Evil Turn Undead to control some skeletons in that fight. If one of the skeletons killed a half-ogre, would that break the quest?
    Yeah, the Fisherman's Lake right? I went there, helped Drizzt. I then explored the entire map and killed all enemies I found. I did encounter some half-ogres and killed them, but I don't remember if there were 4 or not.
    I do remember using Cleric Evil Turn Undead to control some skeletons in that fight. If one of the skeletons killed a half-ogre, would that break the quest?

that is actually quite possible

although sometimes as well, those ogres will move around the map to, so perhaps one of them was on the move while you were exploring the map?

worse case scenario bjornin only gives 400 XP, +1 REP ( which there are plently of REP ups in the game ) and a medium shield +1 that you can pick pocket off of him if your score is 50% or higher
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    If you have time, could you attach your save here and I'll have a look.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    IIRC I've read posts ages ago where people said that his quest is bugged, possibly something to do with quest timers or what chapter you are in when you get the quest vs when you try to turn it in.

The only problem I've ever had with is is as Sarevok says, they wander around quite a lot so it's not unusual to find only 3 of them together and an elusive 4th half ogre wandering around somewhere nearby.

Usually I talk to Bjornin on my first visit to Beregost when heading down to Nashkel, and depending upon party composition (i.e. if I have Kivan with his timer running) I'll sometimes wait until after I've cleared the bandit camp before I kill those half ogres and I've never had any problems turning it in once I've killed all 4 so I'm not convinced there is a time related bug.
    recently lots of people have been seeing bugs and problems lately and 99% of them im going to say are mod related, so i forgot to ask, are you running any mods?