Skip to content

Horror module suggestions

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
Hello! I was looking for suggestions on horror modules to play for both NWN:EE and NWN2. Having played Misery Stone for NWN2 was itching for more of that sort of content. I have a preference for eldritch horror but am open to anything. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• neludzneludz Member Posts: 23
    You would like Ravenloft: Return to Ravenloft (that's the first part), and Ravenloft: Beyond The gate. Both are great, but second especially. That's finished story, you're starting at level 1, and finishing in early epics. Storytelling and quests are really great.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @AMP1972, had no problems running the Necromancer module in NWNEE (as Marek), but haven't finished it as yet to test the module completely.

Gus
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Elegia / Excrucio Eternum are marvels of suspenseful, scary writing, even though they are not Gothic Horror in the Ravenloft sense. The Maimed God's Saga, arguably *the* best mod for NWN2, makes great use of lighting and dialogue to create a dark, foreboding atmosphere of a classic remote village inhabited by Transylvanian types threatened by an ancient curse.
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    AMP1972 wrote: »
    This LINK seems to offer another Ravenloft module, but my connection throttle keeps me from fully investigating:

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/gui/ravenloft-prisoners-mist-override-gui
    This, friend @AMP1972, is actually a GUI override package. It allows the player to exchange NwN's vanilla interface with one designed around the Ravenloft theme.
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    These are the relevant screencaps from said GUI override's Vault page.

jii6rusp8eci.jpg
    36i2on5oa3zp.jpg
    his5ggn6776n.jpg

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    Probably not immediately obvious, but the Prophet Trilogy has some of the best NWN horror scattered throughout. Psychological horror, body horror, really scary drow and undead mummy, a few curses, and finally a great undead apocalypse.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Horror Module List

Click on the links to see player ratings and comments.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    oh just now saw the updates to this thread, thanks everyone!
  • trebuszętrebuszę Member Posts: 46
    If ye don't mind me resurrecting the topic, i could suggest trying out: Heaven Defied. Absolutely fantastic module (vampire stuff), proper horror and quite psychotic at times... So be warned. You can check it out on the youtube where i have made a full play through of it :P Just type the module title.

Only cons i can think of it is quite short, about 6-8h.
  • AspirinsmurfAspirinsmurf Member Posts: 9
    Way back in the day, I remember I really enjoyed Threat of Dreams. https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/threat-dreams-1-hunger-and-sickness

Rogue only, bleak city setting, slow pacing, almost surrealist in atmosphere. Not sure if it's compatible with EE though.