Skip to content

CTRL+Y on Neera before the first encounter.

I'm curious. If I CTRL+Y Neera right before the cutscene, nothing "bad" will happen, right? Messed up variables, and so on?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Verticor wrote: »
    I'm curious. If I CTRL+Y Neera right before the cutscene, nothing "bad" will happen, right? Messed up variables, and so on?

im going to go with probably not, although IF she is wearing an item that makes here unkillable, then CTRL+Y will not kill her

• VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
    Well, I tried CTRL+Ying her. Nothing untowards happened, as far as I could tell. She just died. I'll assume that her death this way roughly has the same impact on my game as if she never existed. I'm gonna have to try this on the others as well.
    sarevok57
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    If by others you mean the other EE companions, I think there's a mod that essentially removes them from the game, if you prefer not to deal with them. I can't remember which mod it was though.
    DJKajuruEnialusMeliamne
    But that mod won't let me annihilate them and watch their remains burn, right? >:)
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    You can just kill her normally without using the console - the easy way is to do that from range, so she never starts her conversation.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Verticor wrote: »
    But that mod won't let me annihilate them and watch their remains burn, right? >:)
    Yes, it does! If you choose to install the option to shut her up. o:)
    So many options!!!!!
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    People is so mean to Neera :cry: She's just a misunderstood Elf... I mean HALF-Elf :blush:

The only problem I personally have with the Neera encounter is having to go roundabout around Beregost until I feel like I leveled enough to deal with them.

And also the fact that removing her from your party makes you feel like an horrible person... that dialogue could use some work.
    Zaxares
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Looks like you want @argent77 's Disable Enhanced Edition NPCs mod, and specifically the option to shut them up as @argent77 himself mentioned above. This way you can wander Beregost all you want without triggering Neera's (admittedly invasive) cutscene until you talk to her.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Neera: "Help! I'm being hunted by Red Wizards that want to dissect me!"

Player: "Gah, shut up! Your life or death situation is inconvienancing me!"

Neera: "D:"
    leeuxmegamike15Zaxares
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Right now it's more like:

*KRAKA-BOOM!*
    Protagonist inner monologue: "Dafuq was that? And why is there a dead, sizzling chick in the street? Oh well..."
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    why use the kill cheat when you can just use the mod that makes all ee npcs passive so her cutscene won't fire unless you talk to her? it's very useful for bg 2 as that one has a very wonky trigger.
    leeuxThacoBell
    ThacoBell wrote: »

That's the only reason why I help her. XD I have a soft spot for damsels in distress, even unpredictable, unreliable Wild Surging ones. :P I otherwise try not to have other mages in my party (Aerie is the sole exception, and I use EE Keeper to turn Imoen back into a pure Thief).

On a related topic, anybody know just WHY the Red Wizards seem to have such a beef against Wild Mages? I would have thought that the Thayans would just inaugurate a new Zulkir of Wild Magic and see it as yet another field of magic that the Thayans must achieve supremacy in.
    ThacoBellleeux
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    I don't know what Ctrl+Y does - is it the kill cheat?

I backstab-chunked her plenty of times and it didn't affect the game in any way.
    Ctrl-Y is the kill cheat, yes. It instantly deals like 1000+ Magic damage to whatever's under your mouse cursor.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    neera happens to be one of my favorite characters. i even enjoyed her romance [ well the 2nd half of the romance anyways the first half was kinda not that great. could really use an expansion mod to flesh it out.] if i were to make my own canon party she would be in it along side aerie and sirene.
    leeuxAyiekie
  • leeuxleeux Member Posts: 115
    Agreed with @megamike15 above ^^

For me personally, Rasaad and Neera are the only EE characters that I really like... and the only things preventing me from using them more often are game mechanics (Rasaad -> Monk in BG1, Neera -> Wild Magic, hate Wild Magic.)
    megamike15LuisTsuranami