Skip to content

Help me get out of Dragomir's tomb

I have a lovely gnomish fighter/illusionist in Hexxat's tomb, and I realized when trying this save that Dragomir is basically impossible to kill with my current set up, and I can't exit the tomb. I have no other saves. How can I get out of the tomb so I can get the proper magical weapons to wipe out Dragomir? Is there a console code I can use? Or is there some strategem I can use with my current set up to beat Dragomir? I don't want Hexxat to bug out even more....

(I'm mainly doing this quest for Dragomir's Respite. We all know how terribly written Hexxat is, and how little she fits in with the (other diverse) BG II NPCs.)

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    as i am not at home i can not use your save game.
    why is it impossible to kill dragomir? do you lack of the proper weapons and spells or you are too low level?
    i would say that even a low level dual with semi decent weapons and some spells memorized should be able to beat him with the proper tactics.

it is easy to console you in an other area, but it is plain cheating!
    shame on you for going without saves!
    and shame on you for giving up too early, it is not the first time i read you asking for cheats as solutions to your problems.
    ;):):D
    obviously play as you like, i will not judge you in any way as long as you are having fun.
    above i was joking, but anyway there is some truth in what i have told, to improve it is better to find legittimate solutions to apparently impossible situations, this is what makes a player a strong one, while using cheats keep you in the "average player" range. and there is no pride in winning or saving your arse using cheats, while to overcome an "impossible situation" by fair means is one of the most rewarding experiences you cqan have with those games...
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    If you've activated the console for your game, pressing Ctrl+Space will bring up a "cheat console" with various options. You can teleport your party to any map by selecting the map you want to go to in the top left window and then clicking the "Travel" button. (Full disclosure: I sometimes use this to "fast travel" across maps instead of having to watch my party slooooowly walk across a map to reach a travel spot. This ESPECIALLY comes in handy when having to pay Renal's weekly tributes for the Thief stronghold.)

Be warned though, due to the way Dragomir's Tomb is set up, you might find yourself unable to get back IN the tomb when you do want to come back. The Travel cheat appears to spawn you in the upper left corners of maps, but I'm not sure if that might put you in a spot that essentially locks you out of the rest of the dungeon. Make sure you save before trying this.
  • MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
    Thanks! IF I was to return to the tomb later, would there be a way to port my party out of the upper left--i.e. is there a way to teleport the party within maps?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    How to get out of Dragomir's Tomb?

Just remove the iron rod from its slot and walk out.

Hexxat will initiate conversation, saying she needs to leave - but you can talk her into staying with the party while you look for more items to complete the fight.
    dunbargorgonzola
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Isn't there a point in Dragomir's Tomb where you can't go back out once you reach the area where you confront Dragomir though? Or am I misremembering?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Isn't there a point in Dragomir's Tomb where you can't go back out once you reach the area where you confront Dragomir though? Or am I misremembering?

So long as you return the scepter thing to its slot, I'm pretty sure you can elave whenever you want.
    Dordledum