Skip to content

EET, not displaying Kit names in the Character sheet.

CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
Minor thing that annoys me a little and I'd like to fix if I can.

Can anyone tell me WHY the character sheet will display the Kit names correctly in the Black Pits but will not in the main campaigns? I'm running EET at the moment and this has been bugging me for a few hours.

Cheers

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2017
    Might be just an issue with a save you are loading. Try creating a new game in the main campaign to see if you still get the issue.
    CaloNord
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Hmm nope, still does it.

This is a fresh BG1 Campaign start:

Versus a fresh Black Pits start, it works just fine in blackpits, nada in the main campaign.

Why oh why?

Never mind, it seems to have fixed itself on the 5th attempt. . . now they ALL work perfectly . . .

I have no idea why.

Onwards to my next problem, the class menu has thief, fighter and cleric in the list twice and no monk option anymore. -.-
    edited May 2017
    Is the mod you are using using the latest version of weidu? Like when you start the installer for the mod what version of weidu does it say? (should say at the top)

Edit: Nevermind if you are running EET then it should be the latest version.
    Also is this just the regular kits you are using. Or are you using modded kits?
    Yea it's the latest. It's running modded kits from Divine Remix and some frroooom Might and Guile. It's not a major problem as it seems to only affect the character creation menu as far as I can tell. Everything works like it should.
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    Apologies for the thread necro, but there seems to be very little on this problem anywhere on the internet. I have exactly the same issue: the Cleric kits I've installed (from Divine Remix, in my case) show up at class-selection during character creation, but thereafter simply get called Cleric, on the character sheet, but only in the BG1 part of an EET installation. In Black Pits, SoA, ToB, the kits show up perfectly on the character sheet, exactly as shown in the pictures above.

@CaloNord how did you manage to solve this? What do you mean by the 5th attempt? 5th attempt at CharGen, or 5th attempt at saving, closing and reloading the game, or even 5th attempt at reinstallation of the mod(s)?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    You have most likely installed Divine Remix after EET_end. EET_end performs specific operations, so that mods don't have to add extra code to support all of EET's campaigns.

Try the following:
    Uninstall Divine Remix (and all other mods you might have installed after EET_end).
    Uninstall EET_end.
    Afterwards reinstall Divine Remix (and all the other mods you might have uninstalled).
    Finally, reinstall EET_end.
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    edited August 2019
    I should probably clarify then that I hadn't yet concluded the installation with EET_end (I am installing a lot of mods, purely by hand, since the Auto Installer seems not to have options for some mods), and thus was trying to test some of the mods part-way through the process.

In the end I've proceeded with more mods, since despite the kits not showing properly in the BG1 part, they do handle correctly (correct special abilities, including on levelling up). I'm hoping now after reading your ideas, @argent77 , that it will correct itself after I've finished off with EET_end.

Sorry if I've wasted any time. Thanks for the pointer. :smile:

EDIT: Finished the installation with EET_end and it fixed the problem!
    Post edited by Stromael on