Skip to content

Spellhold Studios Modding Updates

2»

Comments

• OgaburanOgaburan Member Posts: 83
    This kind of summery would be much better as an edit to the OP.
    Also a show of respect to the developers (and their forums), and only post BG:EE updates would be (i think) appreciated.
    AsthnerAnton
  • CuChoinneachCuChoinneach Member Posts: 105
    Glad to see you are porting over DSotSC for this... look forward to seeing it in action again. (BTW, yes, I am CuChoinneach, THE CuChoinneach... the undead slaying elven ranger and member of the orginal TeamBG and Director/Developer and co-creator of DSotSC!)
    CrevsDaak
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    edited January 2013
    @Ogaburan put it a bit bluntly, but I agree with him in the essence: I’m not comfortable with seeing advertisements for non BGEE mods over here, much as I appreciate Spellhold Studios work. If you really feel that you need to get word out about these mods over here (perhaps because some BG fans possessing the original game don’t frequent the SS and G3 forums, but, with the new hype for BG springed by BGEE, they might lurk over here), the very least you could do would be to state very clearly which mods are of intereset for BGEE and which as of yet aren’t and separate them.

At least for me it was quite inconvenient to read the news in the topic only to know that the new mod announced wasn’t for the game this forum is about.

But hey, I really admire your work. Just some critical thoughts. ;)
    AntonOgaburan
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Ogaburan @Asthner -- Actually, I had exactly the same issue myself early on, before I started this thread. I spoke to @Coriander, who suggested this forum is more for "general" Modding rather than BG:EE specific modding. I've intentionally kept all of the news in one thread because I've been asked to post it here by a few people, making separate threads for any BG:EE mods (such as Valerie and Isra), because I am incredibly conscious of the fact that this forum is primarily for BG:EE.

I also started to add Platform at the beginning of each of the posts to differentiate, so I hope that helps as well.

Honestly, I would support making this a BG:EE-only modding forum. :)
    AsthnerAntonJames
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2013
    Actually I see no problem at all with mods for the classic BG games being announced here as well. I've seen many people in the forums who are waiting while mods are being converted to the EE and still play BGT/Tutu meanwhile and these announcement certainly are interesting to them.

Besides it's interesting as some of those mods are being converted to the EE as well, the psionics one, for instance.

If it was a question of voting I'd vote this remains a general Baldur's Gate modding forum.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    smeagolheartXavioriaIllustair
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    edited January 2013
    I see a missed opportunity for synergy if complementary interests are artificially segregated. That being said, there is room for clarification as the pool of mods for the various flavors of BG is somewhat muddy.
    Post edited by Edwin on
    Asthner
  • OgaburanOgaburan Member Posts: 83
    @Anton im already flagged as "agree"... a sub-form would be a really good idea.
    Since people post none-BGEE content here anyway, at least that way its clearer...
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I totally missed the Haer'dalis romance update.
    I'm going to romance the bajeezus out of that bastard!
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    OH DAMIT the Haer'Dalis romance. Was looking forward to a ToB portion, but left my copy in NYC, so now I can't play with it...

*sigh* o well, perhaps if someone plays it all the way through, they can PM me spoilers?
    Platform: BG2

This has been in the works for a while, but I've just finished updating a bunch of the mods I've worked on to fix all outstanding bugs and include everything from the BWP Fixpack. It also includes a new version of Adrian from Rhaella.

Let me know if there are any bugs I have missed, and check out the readmes for comprehensive changelogs.
    What's new in the 1.1 version of the Yeslick mod? The site hasn't been updated yet.
    I've been aching to try it, but holding off til there's a ToB portion (I'd hate to lose him right before the end).
    @Drugar Just some bugfixes I'm afraid; given that Pixel Kaiser isn't really active in the community anymore, I can't see a ToB version coming out any time soon, if at all, so--might just be worth checking out the SoA portion. :)
    @Kaeloree
    That shall have to do then, looking forward to it!
    Thanks!
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Will we see Hubelpot with BGEE support?
    @Anton Hubelpot is a BG2 NPC, so--whenever BG2:EE is released, I would guess! ;)
    Anton
    Platform: BG:EE/BGT/Tutu

Isra for BG:EE/BGT/Tutu has been updated with a number of bugfixes, plus new crossmod with Gavin!

Isra is a follower of Sune Firehair, the goddess of love, beauty, and passion, and the only chaotic aligned deity to sponsor paladins. As such, she isn't necessarily what you might expect of a paladin. She associates with some of the most mirthful churches in the Realms, so for the most part, she lacks the solemn edge that's so common for the class. She definitely still believes in honor, discipline, and order, but she tends to value the courtly aspects of the code of conduct more highly than the demands of duty. As a result, she's usually pretty willing to ignore harmlessly chaotic behavior (not evil behavior, though).

Isra is Amnish, most recently from Crimmor, the Caravan Capital of Amn. She's a squire with the Sisters and Brothers of the Ruby Rose, and you can find her in the Nashkel Mines region, trying (with no success whatsoever) to resolve Prism's legal difficulties. Aid her in protecting him from Greywolf, and she'll be happy to help you investigate the mines. Make sure you recruit her before clearing them, however. They pose enough of a threat that she'll be willing to take action first and seek permission later; otherwise she'd feel obligated to return south to her order instead of gallivanting off with strangers.

She won't join the company of an evil PC under any circumstances. She won't be rude about it, but she does have the magic to tell. She also won't stick around if your reputation drops below 6.

Download link
    Forum link
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Any updates for a current work in progress? :) I personally would be very keen on getting my hands on a NPC banter pack for BG:EE... ;)
    Xavioria
    Isra NPC for BGT/TuTu/BGEE hits v2

Isra has now hit v2, and now includes voicing and a string-fix option in her PID!

Isra is a follower of Sune Firehair, the goddess of love, beauty, and passion, and the only chaotic aligned deity to sponsor paladins. As such, she isn't necessarily what you might expect of a paladin. She associates with some of the most mirthful churches in the Realms, so for the most part, she lacks the solemn edge that's so common for the class. She definitely still believes in honor, discipline, and order, but she tends to value the courtly aspects of the code of conduct more highly than the demands of duty. As a result, she's usually pretty willing to ignore harmlessly chaotic behavior (not evil behavior, though).

Isra is Amnish, most recently from Crimmor, the Caravan Capital of Amn. She's a squire with the Sisters and Brothers of the Ruby Rose, and you can find her in the Nashkel Mines region, trying (with no success whatsoever) to resolve Prism's legal difficulties. Aid her in protecting him from Greywolf, and she'll be happy to help you investigate the mines. Make sure you recruit her before clearing them, however. They pose enough of a threat that she'll be willing to take action first and seek permission later; otherwise she'd feel obligated to return south to her order instead of gallivanting off with strangers.

She won't join the company of an evil PC under any circumstances. She won't be rude about it, but she does have the magic to tell. She also won't stick around if your reputation drops below 6.

Download link
    Forum link
    leeho730AstroBryGuy
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Just to know, lemme ask:

Everything posted here (with exception of BG2 only conent) is supposed to work in BG:EE, am i right?
    @kamuizin At the top of each post is marked what platforms the mod is compatible with. :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Kaeloree said:

@kamuizin At the top of each post is marked what platforms the mod is compatible with. :)

Ops, dumb of my part. Thx for the tip!
    @kamuizin No problem--some were missing or not obvious, so I just went through and made them more so. Thanks for the reminder! :)
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    I downloaded the newest version of darian 2.4 and it still tells me I don't have TOB installed when I do any work around for this I am playing bg2ee
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    @chrstnmonks - I don't think it was updated to BG2EE, which is why you're getting that message. But it's a really easy one to update.

Open the file darian.tp2 and find these lines towards the top:

REQUIRE_FILE ~data/25dialog.bif~ ~ToB is required to install Darian~
    REQUIRE_FILE ~data/25scripts.bif~ ~ToB is required to install Darian~

Delete them and you should be fine.

I think you'll need to edit the portrait sizes yourself, though.

• chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    edited May 2014
    Rhaella Thank you so much
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Spellhold is down.
    Fina92