Skip to content

My top 10 most nerfed characters in the MCU

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
edited July 2019 in Off-Topic
In your opinion which character in the MCU is the most nerfed compared to their comic/616 incarnation?

Here's my personal top 10 list with a brief explanation why.

10) Drax the Destroyer: Even though his modern incarnation is very depowered compared to 1970's Drax and the dumb 90's Drax, DnA's Drax is a very skilled wrestler/martial artist who can go through waves of bug monsters in Annihilation and managed to kill Thanos with a punch from behind. MCU is just comic relief and the Worf of the Guardians. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8PqC7i0mEI

9) Gamora: In the 616 comics she is considered the deadliest woman in the Galaxy, very agile and skilled in martial arts, sword fighting and infiltration She can regenerate after being almost burned alive by an artificial sun, she can paraliyze her opponents by striking their pressure points and she defeated a large platoon of human soldiers. Picture She-Hulk with Batman's kung fu and you'll get Gamora.

8) Hulk, punching the leviathan in the first Avengers movie was a good feat but he was never defeated by Hulkbuster Iron Man in the comics, and he gets stronger the angrier he gets, to the point of going Worldbreaker mode, which makes half of new york crumble with a foot stomp. And even his weaker grey hulk incarnation was able to smash a planet size meteor.

7) Loki: Honestly this might be true. Comic Loki is a straight up beast of a sorcerer and actually warrants that title of God of Mischief. Remember in Avengers when Cap is going toe to toe with Loki at that museum? Like come on. Cool scene and all, but the real Loki can kill Cap in under a minute.

6) Thor: Classic Thor pre-2007 has vast powers, including the ability to shoot through Mjolnir a devastating energy beam called God Blast (sometimes called Bolt of Anti-Force) quite similar to Dragonball's Kamehameha. Thor can fight Galactus as well, and whereas Movie Thor passed out after tanking a star, comic Thor STOOD in a star completely unphazed while fighting Silver Surfer. I don't even want to mention Rune King Thor and Old King Thor.

5) Ultron: in the comics, Ultron is a proper villain for a superhero team, he has as an adamantium body that can tank a 100 megaton bomb, he can lift more than 100 tons, has an AI powerful enough to take over the minds of the Phalanx and the Kree empire, and in Ultron Unlimited by Kurt Busiek, he killed the entire population of a small country by himself. In the MCU he is a wisecracking jackass who had to rely on Scarlet Witch and struggled against Cap, and was pwned by pretty much everybody.

4) Doctor Strange: MCU Strange needed the Time Gem to manipulate time, both classic and modern Doctor Strange in the comics can do that without mystical macguffins. Although this can be forgiven since MCU Strange is still a novice.

3) Thanos: Hard to believe but yes, Thanos was nerfed in the MCU. In the comics he has a variety of powers even without the Infinity Gems, including shooting from his eyes and hands energy beams powerful enough to briefly knockdown galactus, psychic powers strong enough to make him impervious to great telepaths like Mantis and Moondragon, and he only gets a bloody nose from planet busting Attacks like Black Bolt's scream at point blank. And he managed to fight characters like Odin and Tyrant to a standstill.

2) Odin: Pre-Aaron Odin in the comics had this Amazing power source called the Odinforce, which basically turns you into Ultra Istinct Goku with the spellcasting ability of the Fairy Oddparents, making him the embodiment of ''a wizard did it''. His battle with the egyptian god Seth caused the destruction of a bunch of solar systems and reignited dying suns. His only weakness was that he had to do the Odinsleep everytime he used the Odinforce.

And the number one most nerfed character in the MCU is:

The Kyln prison: In the comics the Kyln is a billion years old fortress of unknown origins used as a prison for the most Dangerous criminals in the universe, and it was able to hold Kosmos (a mentally ill incarnation of the Beyonder) and two proemial gods Aegis and Tenebrous. In the GOTG movie it looks like a mere county lockup.

Now, let's see your top 10 on who you think is the most nerfed character in the MCU.

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Well I haven't read comic-books in years but off the top of my head I'd have to say the Skrulls. When did they change from bad-asses who could take on the Kree Empire on equal footing to a bunch of whiny refugees? I kind of like what the MCU is doing with them, but they were majorly nerfed. My second vote is for the Nova Corps. They were super-powerful in the comic books but hardly an afterthought in Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited August 2019
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    Thanks WITH the infinity gauntlet should be number 1. I mean seriously the *biggest* event in that infinity what movie was a minuscule event to what thanks actually did with it in the comic.

That's not to mention the freaking gauntlet shattered after the snap on the movie. I seriously asked if they were kidding about that.